« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
12. In twenty-eight shillings, how many dollars ?* · 13. In twenty-eight farthings, how many pence?
14. How many barrels of four, at 7 dollars a barrel, can you buy for thirty-four dollars ?
15. How many reams of paper, at five dollars a ream, can you buy for thirty-seven dollars ?
16. In thirty-four gills, how many pints ? 17. In twenty-seven quarts, how many gallons ?
18. If an orange is worth six apples, how many oranges can you buy for forty apples ?
19. Thirty-six shillings are how many dollars ?
20. A man bought thirty apples at the rate of 3 for a cent; how many cents did they come to ?
21. A labourer engaged to work 8 months for ninety-six dollars; how much did he receive for a month ? how much a week, allowing 4 weeks to the month ? how many shillings a day, allowing 6 working days to the week ?
22. If wine is worth twenty cents a pint, what is 1 gill worth ?
23. If you can buy a bushelt of apples for forty cents, what is the price of a peck ?
24. If you buy a bushel of pears for forty-eight cents, what will be the price of half a peck, at the same rate ?
25. Four men bought a horse for forty-eight dollars'; what did each man pay?
26. Five men bought a horse for seventy-five dollars, and sold him again for forty dollars; what did each man lose by the bargain ?
27. A man gave sixty-three cents for a horse to ride nine miles; what was the price of one mile's ride?
28. A man hired a horse to ride, and agreed to give 8 cents, a mile; he paid fifty-six cents; how many miles did he ride?
* 1 dollar is 6 shillings. t1 nushel is 4 pecks.
29. A man had forty-two dollars, which he pail for wood at 7 dollars a cord; how many cords did he buy?
30. Two boys are forty-eight rods apart, and boila running the same way; but the hindermost bor gains upon the other 3 rods in a minute; in how many minutes will be overtake the foremost boy?
31. There is a vessel containing sixty-three gal.. lons of wine; it has a pipe which discharges 7 gala lons in an hour; how many hours will it take ta empty the vessel ?
32. There is a vessel containing eighty-sevena gallons, and by a cock ten gallons will run into it in an hour; in how many hours will the vessel be filled ?
33. If one man can do a piece of work in thirty days, in how many days. can 3 men do it? in hoir many days can 5 men do it?
34. If you wish to put sixty-four pounds of buts ter into 8 boxes, how many pounds would you put into each box?
35. If you had seventy-two pounds of butter, whicle you wished to put into boxes containing 8 pounds, each, how many boxes would it take?
36. If a man can perform a journey in thirty-six hours, how many days will it take him to do it when the days are nine hours long?
37. If a man can do a piece of work in forty-eight hours, how many days would it take him to do it, i he works twelve hours in a day?
A. 1. Ar two cents a yard, what will 3 yards and one half of a yard of tape cost?
2. 3 times 2, and one half of 2 are how many ?
3. At three dollars a yard, what will 4 yards and I third of a yard of cloth cost?
4. 4 times 3, and I third of 3 are how many ?
5. At 3 dollars a barrel, what will 3 barrels and 2 thirds of a barrel of cider cost?
6. 3 times 3, and two thirds of 3 are how many?
7. If a man earn 4 dollars in a week, how many dollars will he earn in 3 weeks and I fourth of a week ?
8. 3 times 4, and I fourth of 4 are how many ?
9. If a yard of cloth cost 4 dollars, what will 5 yards and 3 fourths of a yard cost?
10. 5 times 4, and 3 fourths of 4 are how many
11. If a man spend five dollars in a week, how many dollars will he spend in 3 weeks and 1 fifth of a week? How much in 5 weeks and 2 fifths of a week ?
12. 3 times 5, and 1 fifth of 5 are how many ? 13. 5 times 5, and 2 fifths of 5 are how many? 14. 6 times 5, and 3 fifths of 5 are how many?
15. If beer is worth six dollars a barrel, what would 4 barrels and 1 sixth of a barrel cost? How much would 7 barrels and 5 sixths of a barrel cost?
16. 4 times 6, and 1 sixth of 6 are how many ? 17. my times 6, and 5 sixths of 6 are how many?
18. At 7 dollars a barrel, what will 3 barrels and 1 seventh of a barrel of four cost? What will 5 barrels and 2 sevenths of a barrel cost ?
19. 3 tines 7, and 1 seventh of 7 are how many 20. 5 times 7. and 2 sevenths of 7 are how many
21. 8 times 5, and 4 fifths of 5 are how many ? 22. 8 times 6, and 3 sixths of 6 are how many?
23. At 8 dollars a yard, what will 4 yards and i eighth of a yard of broadcloth cost?
24. 4 times 8, and 1 eighth of S are how many 25. 2 times 7, and 3 sevenths of 7 are how many? 26. 8 times 7, and 4 sevenths of 7 are how many ? 27. 9 times , and 6 sevenths of 7 are how many : 28. 3 times 8, and 5 eighths of 8 are how many
29. 9 times 8, and 7 eighths of 8 are how many?
30. If a hundred weight of sugar cost 9 dollars, what will 2 hundred weight and 1 ninth of a hundred weight cost? What will 5 hundred weight and 2 ninths of a hundred weight cost?
31. 2 times 9, and 1 ninth of 9 are how many ? 32. 5 times 9, and 2 ninths of 9 are how many : 33. 6 times 9, and 4 ninths of 9 are how many 34. 2 times 10, and 3 tenths of 10 are how many! 35. 7 times 9, and 7 ninths of 9 are how many ? 36. 5 times 10, and 4 tenths of 10 are how many : 37. 8 times 9, and 5 ninths of 9 are how many ? 38. 4 times 10, and 7 tenths of 10 are how many i 39. 6 times 10, and 9 tenths of 10 are how many ?
B. 1. A man bought 2 oranges at 6 cents apiece, how many cents did they come to? He paid for them with cherries at 4 cents a pint; how many pints did it take?
2. 2 times 6 are how many times 4?.
3. A man bought 3 yards of cloth at 4 dollars a yard; how many dollars did it come to ? How much flour at 6 dollars a barrel would it take to pay for it?
4. 3 times 4 are how many times 6 ?. .
5. A mau bought 4 peaches at 3 cents apiece ! how many cents did they come to ? He paid for
them with pears at 2 cents apiece; how many pears did it take?
6. 4 times 3 are how many times 2 ?
7. Bought 2 hundred weight of sugar at 9 dollars a hundred weight, and paid for it with wood at 6 dollars a cord; how many cords did it take?
8. 2 times 9 are how many times 6 ?
9. Bought 3 barrels of flour at 8 dollars a barrel, and paid for it with cider at 4 dollars a barrel ; how many barrels did it take ?
10. 3 times 8 are how many times 4 ?
15. How much flannel, worth 4 shillings a yard, must be given for 3 yards of silk, worth 5 shillings a
20. Bought 2 kegs and 2 sevenths of a keg of tobacco at 7 dollars a keg, and paid for it with wood at 4 dollars a cord; how many cords did it take? How much butter at 3 dollars a box would åt take to pay for it?
21. 2 times my, and 2 sevenths of 7 are how many times 4? 3? 5? 6 ? 8?
22. Bought 3 bushels and 3 fifths of a bushel of corn at 5 shillings a bushel, and paid for it with wheat at 6 shillings a bushel ; how many bushels of wheat did it take?
23. 3 times 5, and 3 fifths of five are how many times 6 ? 9? 4? 7? 3? 8?
24. How much sugar, that is 8 dollars a hundred