« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
(a) EZRA, NEHEMIAH, AND THE HISTORICAL PARTS OF JEREMIAH ;
(6) ST. LUKE; (C) THE ACTS OF THE APOSTLES, 1.—XII. IN
CLUSIVE; (d) CHURCH CATECHISM. No student will be examined in more than three of the subjects (a), (6), (c), (d).
(a) 1. Trace the career of Ezra as related in the books of Ezra and Nehemiah.
2. Give, in your own words, a short sketch of the history narrated in Ezra i.vi.
3. Explain fully, and note any peculiarities or allusions in :
(i) “The Lord God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth.” (Ü) “The children of Solomon's servants.”
With Urim and with Thummim."
(b) 4. Give a short account of St. Luke. How did the circumstances of his life fit him to become the biographer of Christ ?
5. Senior Paper, No. 6.
(i) “This child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel.”
(ii) “Which was the son of Heli.”
(c) 7. “The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus.” Explain this allusion, noting its bearing on the authorship of this work.
8. Contrast the account of the ascension of Christ given in the Acts with any other records of the same.
9. Describe the ceremony by which a successor to the Apostolic band was appointed on the death of Judas.
10. What do godfathers and godmothers undertake for children at their baptism? Are children bound by the vows of their sponsors ?