« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
14. Mary has 3 books, and Margaret has 4 books; how many books have they both ?
15. 3 hats and 5 hats are how many hats ?
16. Edward gave 3 cents for a postage stamp, and 5 cents for a box of wafers ; how much did both cost?
17. Eliza is 3 years old, and Laura is 6; what is the sum of their ages ?
18. A farmer has 3 cows in one field, and 7 in another ; how many has he in both ?
19. In a class there are 3 girls and 8 boys;. how many are there in the class ?
20. A boy found under one apple-tree 3 apples, and under another 9 apples; how many did he find in all ?
21. If you have 4 chestnuts in one hand, and 1 chestnut in the other, how many have you in both hands?
22. Susan had 4 merit marks, and obtained 2 more ; how many then had she?
23. George found 4 eggs in one nest, and 3 eggs in another; how many did he find in both ?
24. A man bought a cord of wood for 4 dollars, and half a ton of coal for 4 dollars ; how much did both cost him ?
25. A lady paid 4 cents for a skein of silk, and 5 cents for a spool of cotton; how much did she pay for both ?
26. Ella gave 4 cents for candy, and 6 cents for nuts; how much did she give for both ?
27. Lucy, having given to a beggar 4 cents, found she then had left 7 cents; how many cents had she at first?
28. Alfred bought a'hook for 4 cents, and a line for 8 cents ; how much did both cost?
29. A farmer sold 4 cows, and then had 9 left; how many cows had he at first ?
1. 1 and 1 are how many ?
2 and 1 are how many ?
2 and 2 are how many ? 4. 2 and 3 are how many ? 5. 2 and 4 are how many ? 6. 2 and 5 are how many ?
2 and 6 are how many ?
2 and 7 are how many ? 9. 2 and 8 are how many ? 10. 2 and 9 are how many ? 11. 3 and 3 are how many ? 12. 3 and 4 are how many ? 13. 3 and 5 are how many ? 14. 3 and 6 are how many ?
3 and 7 are how many ?
4 and 6 are how many ? 21. 4 and 7 are how many ? 22. 4 and 8 are how many ? 23. 4 and 9 are how many ?
24. Abby found 5 pins, and Jane found 1 more ; how many did they both find ?
25. Ellen had 5 chickens, and her father gave her 2 more ; how many did she then have?
26. Mary gave 5 cents for tape, and 3 cents for thread ; how much did she give for both ?
27. George bought 5 marbles, and had 4 given him ; how many then had he ?
28. John gave to one school-mate 5 nuts, and to another the same number; how many did he give to both ?
29. Olive had 5 pins on her cushion, and stuck on it 6 more ; how many then had she?
30. If you spend 5 cents, and have 7 cents left, how many had you at first ? '
31. 5 oranges and 8 oranges are how many oranges ?
32. Joseph, having lost 5 cents, had only 9 cents left; how many had he at first ?
33. Gave 6 cents for paper, and 1 cent for a pen; how much did both cost ?
34. If you had 6 apples, and should have 2 more given you, how many would you then have ?
35. How many slates are 6 slates and 3 slates ?
36. Gave 6 cents for paper, and 4 cents for quills; how many cents were paid for both ?
37. If you should give 6 dollars for a vest, and 5 dollars for a pair of boots, how much would both cost?
38. A bookseller sold in one day 6 books, and in another day 6 more ; how many did he sell in all ?
39. A farmer sold 6 sheep, and retained 7 ; how ynany had he at first ?
40. If a clock cost 6 dollars, and a table 8 dollars, what would be the cost of both ?
41. A farmer has 6 cows in one pasture, and 9 in another; how many has he in both ?
42. Paid 7 cents for a ruler, and 1 cent for a pencil; what did both cost ?
43. If a paper of pins cost 5 cents, and a pencil 2 cents, how many cents must be paid for both ?
44. If 7 birds are upon a gate, and 3 upon the ground, how many are there in all ?
45. 7 books and 4 books are how many books? 46. 7 horses and 5 horses are how many horses ?
47. Laura had 7 needles, and her sister gave her 6 more ; how many then had she ?
1. 5 and 5 are how many ?
9. 6 and 9 are how many ? 10. 3 and 7 are how many ? 11. 7 and 4 are how many ? 12. 5 and 6 are how many ? 13. 5 and 7 are how many ? 14. 7 and 8 are how many ? 15. 9 and 1 are how many ? 16. 8 and 7 are how many ?
17. William bought 7 marbles, and had given him 7 more; how many then had he ?
18. If Charles has two notes due him, one for 7 dollars, and the other for 8 dollars, how much is due him in all ?
19. There are on one side of a room 7 chairs, and on the other side 9 ; how many are there on both sides ?
20. John had 8 cents, and his father gave him 1 more ; how many cents then had he?
21. James has 8 sheep, and 2 lambs; how many has he of both ?
22. Paid 8 dollars for sugar, and 3 dollars for salt; how much was paid for both ?
23. In a certain class there are 8 boys, and 4 girls ; how many are there in all ?
24. Gave 8 dollars for wood, and 5 dollars for coal; how much did both cost?
25. If a coat cost 8 dollars, and a vest 6 dollars, .. how much will both cost ?
26. If you had 8 dollars, and your father should give you 7 more, how many would you have ?
27. If a barrel of flour cost 8 dollars, and half a barrel of beef cost 8 dollars, how much will both cost?
28. Bought a hundred weight of sugar for 8 dollars, and a quantity of butter for 9 dollars ; what did the whole cost ?
29. Levi earned in one week 9 dollars, and in another week only 1 dollar ; how much did he earn in all ?
30. Paid 9 dollars for a saddle, and 2 dollars for a bridle ; how much did both cost ?
31. Andrew paid 9 cents for a quart of nuts, and 3 cents for candy; how much did the whole cost him ?
32. James raised 9 melons, and his brother raised 4 ; how many did they both raise ?
33. There are 9 apples on one table, and 5 on another; how many are there on both tables ?
34. If you should have 9 pens given you of one kind, and 6 of another kind, how many penis would you then have ?
35. On one side of a pond are 9 lilies, and on the other 6; how many are there on both sides ?
36. Edward walked 9 miles in one day, and 7 miles the next day ; how many miles did he walk in all ?
37. A farmer sold 9 pounds of butter at one time, and 8 pounds at another ; how many pounds did he sell in all ?
38. A miller ground 9 bushels of wheat, and 9 bushels of corn; how many bushels did he grind in all ?