« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
21. What is the present worth of $1365, payable in 6 months, when money is worth 7 per cent. ?
22. At 6 per cent. discount, what is the present worth of $1623.28, due in 1 year ?
23. What is the bank discount on a note of $730, payable in 4 months, at 6) per cent. ?
24. What is the bank discount on a note of $1575, payable in 60 days, at 7 per cent. ?
25. What is the present worth of a draft for $840, payable in 30 days, discounted at a bank at 6 per cent. ?
26. What will 35 shares of Railroad stock cost, at 103 per cent. advance ?
27. What cost 63 shares of bank stock, at 3} per cent. discount?
28. What premium must a man pay annually for insuring $8500 on his store and goods, at 14 per cent. ?
29. A merchant effected insurance on a cargo of goods valued at $90000, from Liverpool to New York, at 11 per cent. : what premium did he pay?
30. A man bought a farm for $5640, and afterwards sold it for 15 per cent. more than it cost : how much did he make by his bargain ?
31. A merchant bought a stock of goods for $4390, and retailed them at a profit of 22 per cent.: how much did he make ?
32. What is the ad valorem duty, at 33} per cent., on a quantity of cloths which cost $10436 ?
33. What is the ad valorem duty, at 15).per cent., on a cargo of tea invoiced at $35856 ?
34. At 37 per cent., what is the duty on a quantity of silks which cost $23265 ?
35. The sum of two numbers is 856, and their difference is 75: what are the numbers ?
36. The sum of two numbers is -5643, and their difference is 125: what are the numbers ?
37. The difference of two numbers is 63, and the smaller number is 365 : what is the greater number?
38. The product of numbers is 3750, and one of the numbers is 75: what is the other ?
39. A farmer bought 50 lbs. of sugar, at 8 cents a lb.
and 12 yards of calico at 10 cents a yard, and paid for
40. How many cubic feet are there in a stick of tim-
41. How many solid feet in a wall 100 ft. long, 15.5
42. How many acres are there in a field 120 rods
43. How many acres in a square mile ?
44. If 48 yards of cloth cost $480, what will 125
45. If 96 horses eat 192 tons of hay in a winter, how
46. If 860'acres of land cost $10320, how much will
47. If 6 men spend $18 in 7 weeks, how much will
48. If 15 horses consume 70 bushels of oats in 27 days,
49. If 6 men can build a wall 30 st. long, 6 ft. high, and
50. A farmer wishes to form a square field, which shall
51. A man owns a farm which contains 160 acres, and
52. A gentleman wishes to construct a cubical bin,