« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
what part of a rood will produce 1 bushel ? How many acres will produce 500 bushels ?
79. If 435 men consume 96 barrels of provisions in 9 months, how many barrels will 2,426 men consume in the same time?
80. At 23 cents per gallon, what will of a hhd. of molasses come to ?
81. At 14 cents per lb., what will of 1 cwt. of raisins come to ?
82. How many shillings in of 1£. ?
86. Find the value of of a shilling in pence and farthings.
87. Find the value of 4 of a shilling, in pence and farthings.
88. Find the value of of 1£., in shillings and pence.
89. Find the value of of 1£., in shillings, pence, and farthings.
90. What is the value of 1 of 1£., in shillings, pence, and farthings ?
91. Find of a day in hours, minutes, and seconds. 92. Find of 1 hour in minutes and seconds. 93. What is i's of a day? 94. What is of a day? 95. What is of 1 lb. Avoirdupois ? 96. What is of 1 cwt in quarters and lb. ? 97. What is of 1 cwt. ? 98. What is of 1 hhd. of wine ? 99. What is 4 of 1 hhd. of wine ? 100. What is of a yard ? 101. What is of a yard ? 102. What is of a yard ? 103. What is of a dollar ? 104. What is of a dollar ? 105. What is 6 of a dollar ? 106. What is of 1£. ? 107. What is 14 of 1£.?
108. What is of 1£. ?
122. What will 283 of 1 hhd. of wine come to, at $1.23 per gal. ?
123. What will 387 of 1 cwt. of sugar come to, at $0.12 per lb. ?
124. What will 45 tons of iron come to, at $4.00 per
per lb. ?
125. What will 75cwt. of sugar come to, at 8 cents 126. What will 83 hhd. of molasses come to, at $0.48 127 What will 1918 tons of iron come to, at $0.05
per gal. ?
per lb. ?
128. What will 237 pipes of brandy come to, at $1.43 per gal. ?
129. At 5s. per bushel, what will 4 bu. 3 pks. 5 qts. of corn come to ?
130. At $9.00 per cwt., what will be the price of 1 lb of sugar ? What will 3 cwt. 2 qrs. 7 lb. come to at that rate ?
131. At $87.00 per cwt., what cost 4 chests of tea, each weighing 3 cwt. 3 qrs. 14 lb. ?
132. What cost 18 gal. 3 qts. of brandy, at the rate of $97.00 per hhd.? 133. Bought a silver cup weighing 9 oz. 4 dwt. 16 grs. for 3£. 2s. 3d. How much was it per grain ? How much per ounce ?
134. Bought a silver tankard weighing 1 lb. 8 oz. 17 dwt. 13 gr. for $25.00; how much was it per ounce?
135. If 34 tons 9 cwt. 2 qrs. 18 lb. of tallow cost $6,500.00, what is it per lb. ? How much per ton ?
136. A and B traded; A sold B 81 cwi. of sugar, at 12 cents per lb.; how much did it come to ? In exchange, B gave A 18 cwt. of flour; what was the flour rated at per
lb. ? 137. B delivered C 2 pipes of brandy, at $1.40 per gallon, for which he received 87 yards of cloth; what was the cloth valued at per yard ?
138. D sells E 370 yds. of cotton cloth at 33 cents per yard; for which he receives 500 lb. of pepper ; what does the pepper stand him in per lb. ?
139. A merchant bought 3 hhds. of brandy, at $1.30 per gallon, and sold it so as to gain of the first cost; how much did he sell it for per gallon ?
140. A merchant bought a quantity of tobacco for $250.00, and sold it so as to gain iof the first cost ; how much did he sell it for ?
141. A merchant bought 1 hhd. of wine for $80.00; how much must he sell it for to gain $15.00 ? How much will that be a gallon ?
142. A merchant bought 500 barrels of flour for $3,000.00; how much must he sell it for per barrel to gain $250.00 on the whole ?
143. A merchant bought 350 yards of cloth for $1,800.00; how much must he sell it for to gain is of the first cost? How much will that be a yard ?
144. A merchant bought 2 hhds. of molasses for $35.28 ; how much must he sell it for per gallon to gain of the first cost?
145. A merchant bought 7 cwt. of coffee for $175.00, but being damaged he was willing to lose of the first cost. How much did he sell it for
lb. ? 146. A merchant sold 7 cwt. of rice for $22.75, to receive the money in 6 months, but for ready money
he agreed to make a discount of tio of the whole price. How much was the rice per lb. after the discount?
147. If 8 boarders will drink a cask of beer in 12 days how long would it last 1 boarder? How long would it last 12 boarders ?
148. If 23 men can build a wall in 32 days, how many men would it take to do it in 1 day? How many men will it take to do it in 8 days ?
149. If 15 men can do a piece of work in S4 days, how many men must be employed to perform the whole in 1 day? How many to do it in 30 days ?
150. If 18 men can perform a piece of work in 45 days, how many days would it take 1 man to do it? How long would it take 57 men to do it?
151. If 25 men can do a piece of work in 17 days, in how many days will 38 men do it?
152. If a man perform a journey in 8 days, by travelling 12 hours in a day, how many hours is he perforining it? How many days would it take him to perform it if he travelled only 8 hours in a day?
153. If a man, by working 11 hours in a day, perform a piece of work in 24 days, how many days will it take him to do it if he works 13 hours in a day?
154. If I can have 5 cwt. carried 138. miles for 11 dollars, how far can I have 25 cwt. carried for the same money?
155. Suppose a man agrees to pay a debt with wheat, and that it will take 43 bushels to pay it, when wheat is 7 shillings per bushel; how much will it take when wheat is 9 shillings per bushel ?
156. If 11 men can do a piece of work in 14 days, when the days are 15 hours long, how many men would it take to do it in the same number of days, when the days are 11 hours long?
157. If 5 men can do a piece of work in 5 months by working 7 hours in a day, in how many months will they do it, if they work 10 hours in a day?
158. Two men, A and B, traded in company; A furnished of the stock and B }; they gained $864.00; what was each one's share of the gain?
159. Three men, A, B, and C, traded in company ; A furnished 1 of the capital ; B., and C the rest. They gained $0,453.67; what was each one's share of the dividend ?
160. Two men, B and C, bought a barrel of flour together. B paid 5 dollars and C 3 dollars; what part of the whole price did each pay? What part of the flour ought each to have ?
161. Two men, C and D, bought a hogshead of wine; C paid $47.00, and D, $53.00 ; how many dollars did they both pay? What part of the whole price did each pay? How many gallons of the wine ought each to have ?
-162. Three men, C, D, and E, traded in company ; C put in $850.00; D, $942.00; and E, $1,187.00 ; how many dollars did they all put in? What part of the whole did each put in? They gained $1,353.18; what was each man's share of the gain?
163. Five men, A, B, C, D, and E, freighted a vessel; A put on board goods to the amount of $4,000.00; B, $15,000.00; C, $11,000.00; D, $7,500.00; and E, $850.00. During a storm the captain was obliged to throw overboard goods, to the amount of $13,400.00; what was each man's share of the loss ?
164. Three men bought a lottery ticket for $20.00; of which F paid $4.37; G, $8.53; and H, the rest. They drew a prize of 15,000.00; what was the share of each ?
165. Three men hired a pasture for 12.00; the first put in 4 horses; the second, 6; and the third, 8. What ought each 10 pay?
166. Å man failing in trade, owes to A $350.00; to B $783.00; to C $1,780.00; to D $2,875.00; and he has only $2,973.00 in property, which he agrees to divide among his creditors in proportion to the several debts. What will each receive ?
167. What is z 3 of 378,648?