« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
168. What is the reg of 87 ? 169. What is the of 3; 170. What is 368 of 47 ? 171. Multiply 973 by 7. 172. What is 373 of 7 ? 173. Multiply 973 by 17. 174. Multiply 17 by 973.+ 175. Multiply 47 i by to 176. Multiply by 471. 177. Multiply 1960 by 138. 178. Multiply 138 by 179. Multiply Tisz by 950.
. 180. Multiply 950 by Tióz
XVII. 1. If 2 lb. of figs cost of a dollar, what is that a pound?
2. If 2 bushels of potatoes cost of a dollar, what is that a bushel ? What would be the price of 8 bushels at that rate ?
3. If of a barrel of flour were to be divided equally among 3 men, how much would each have ?
4. If 3 horses consume 1, of a ton of hay in 1 month, how much will 1 horse consume? How much would 11 horses consume in the same time?
5.* If 3 lb. of beef cost of a dollar, what would a quarter of beef, weighing 136 lb., cost at that rate ?
6. If 2 yards of cloth cost 8 dollars, what will 7 yards cost at that rate ?
7. If 4 bushels of wheat cost 32, shillings, what will 17 bushels cost ?
8. If 3 sheep are worth 23 bushels of wheat, how many bushels is 1 sheep worth ? How many bushels are 50 sheep worth at that rate ?
Note. Reduce 23 to fifths, or divide as far as you can and then reduce the remainder to fifths, and take of them.
9. If 7 calves are worth 591 bushels of corn, how many bushels are 15 calves worth at that rate ?
* See First Lessons, Sect. XIV.
10. A man laboured 15 days for 20 dollars; `how much would he earn in 3 months, at that rate, allowing 26 working days to the month ?
11. A man travelled 8811 miles in 17 hours; how far did he travel in an hour ?
12. A man travelled 476 miles in 8 days; how far did he travel each day, supposing he travelled the same number of miles each day
13. Divide 77, bushels of corn equally among 15 men.
14. If 23 yds. of cloth cost 175 dollars, what is that a yard ?
15. If 35 lb. of raisins cost 350 dollars, what will 2 cwt. cost at that rate ?
16. A man divided of a water melon equally between 2 boys; how much did he give them apiece ?
17. Suppose you had of a pine apple and should divide it into two equal parts; what part of the whole apple would each part be?
18. If you divide of a bushel of corn equally between 2 men, how much would you give them apiece?
19. What is į of ?
20. If you divide of a bushel of grain between two men, how much would you give them apiece ? Note. Cut the third into two parts.
What will the
21. What is į of j ?
22. If you divide of a barrel of flour equally between two men, how much will you give them apiece ?
23. What is į of }?
24. A man having of a barrel of flour, divided it equally among 4 men; how much did he give them apiece ?
25. What is off?
26. If 3 lb. of sugar cost of a dollar, what is it a pound?
27. What is į of ?
28. If 5 lb. of rice cost of a dollar, what is that a pound?
29. If 3 lb. of raisins cost of a dollar, what is that a pound? What will 2 lb. cost at that rate ? What 7 lb. ? 30. What is of į? What is of zı ? What is of į?
31. If 7 lb. of sugar cost of a dollar, what is it a pound? What will 5 lb. cost at that rate ? What would 15 lb. cost ?
32. What is of $? What is of $? What is of !
33. During a storm, a master of a vessel was obliged to throw overboard is of the whole cargo. What part of the whole loss must a man sustain who owned of the cargo?
34. A man owned as of the capital of a cotton manufactory, and sold i of his share. What part of the whole capital did he sell? What part did he then
35. If 3 bushels of wheat cost 51 dollars, what is it a bushel ? What will 2 bushels cost at that rate ?
36. What is į of 5? What is of 52 ?
37. If 4 dollars will buy 5 bushels of rye, how much will one dollar buy? How much will 3 dollars buy ?
38. What is 1 of 5 ? What is of 54?
39. If 17 barrels of flour cost $107, what will 23 barrels cost?
40. What is of 107} ?
41. If 12 cwt. of sugar cost $137, what is the price of 1 qr.? What of 1 lb.?
42. At 4 dollars for 37 gallons of wine, how much may be bought forb7} dollars ?
Note. Find how inuch j a dollar will buy.
43. If 3 cords of wood cost 20 dollars, what will 77 cords cost?
44. If 19 yards of cloth cost 155 dollars, what will be the price of 1 yard ?
45. If 18 lb. of raisins cost 24 dollars, what is that per lb.? What would be the price of 5 lb., at that rate ?
46. If 11 lb. of butter cost 20 dollars, what will 184 lb. cost ?
47. If a gallons of vinegar cost of a dollar, what will 27 gallons cost?
48. If 1 lb. of sugar cost 11 of a dollar, what will 17 lb. cost!
49. If a yard of cloth cost 7. dollars, what will of a yard cost ?
50. At zis of a dollar a yard, what will of a yard of cloth cost ?
51. At 3 shillings a yard, what will 7ş yds. of ribbon cost ?
52. At 3 dollars a barrel, what part of a barrel of cider may be bought for į of a dollar ?
53. Ai 4 dollars a yard, what part of a yard of cloth may be bought for į of a dollar ?
54. At 2 dollars a yard, how much cloth may be bought for 5; dollars ?
55. At 2 dollars a gallon, how much brandy may be bought for 7 dollars ?
56. At 3 shillings a quart, how many quarts of wine may be bought for 17 shillings?
57. At 6 dollars a barrel, how many barrels of flour may be bought for 45 dollars ?
58. If 1 cwt. of iron cost 45 dollars, what will 5 cwt. cost ?
59. A man failing in trade can pay only s of a dollar on each dollar, how much can he pay on 7 dollars? How much on 23. dollars ?
60. A man failing in trade is able to pay only 13 of a pound on a pound, how much can he pay on 17£. 15s. ?
61. A man failing in trade is able to pay only 175. on a pound, what part of each pound will he pay? How much will he pay on a debt of 147£. 14s.?
62 What is į of 1? 63. Divide 3 by 6. 64. Multiply it by . 65. What is of ? 66. Multiply by z's. 67. Divide by 25.
68. Divide 153 by 8.
XVIII. 1. If 1 lb. butter cost i of a dollar, how much will 2 lb. cost? What will 4 lb. cost ?
2. At of a dollar per lb., what will 2 lb. of raisins cost? What will 3 lb. cost? What will 6 lb. cost?
3. If I man will consume of a bushel of corn in a week, how much will 2 men consume in the same time? How much will 4 men consume ? How much will 8 men consume ?
4. If a horse will consume of a bushel of oats in a day, how much will he consume in 3 days? How much in 9 days?
5. If 1 man can do į of a piece of work in a day, how much of it can 2 men do in the same time? How much of it can 3 men do? How much of it can 4 men do ? How much of it can 6 men do? How much of it can 12 mep do 6. If a mi
of a barrel of cider in a week, how much
drink in 2 weeks ? How much would 5 men drink in a week at that rate ? How much would 8 men drink in a week ? How much would 20