« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
NUMERATION AND NOTATION. 1. Write in figures the following numbers :-Ninety million seventy thousand and twenty-eight; ten million nine thousand seven hundred and fifty.
2. Express in figures Four hundred and seventy-three million twenty-five thousand and fourteen.
3. Express in figures :—Ten million sixty thousand seven hundred and one.
4. Express in figures : - Ten million ten thousand and twenty-eight.
5. Express in figures :-Fifty-two million forty-three thousand and sixteen.
6. Write in figures the following numbers :-Eighty-seven millions three thousand and twenty; twenty-four millions seven hundred and nine.
7. Express in words, 20,507,001. 8. Express in words, 10,018,180.
1. Find the sum of 78, 824704, 65065050, 9034, 9290000, 706888, 10673009, and 7777.
MULTIPLICATION. 1. Multiply 829,741 by 59. 2. Multiply 463,098 by 7,380.
3. Multiply 2,356,225 by 41,535.
4. Multiply two million seven hundred and seventy-eight thousand five hundred and eighty-eight by nine thousand eight hundred and sixty-seven.
5. Multiply four million one hundred and sixty-eight thousand nine hundred and fifty-two by four thousand five hundred and sixty-eight.
DIVISION 1. Divide 1,406,373 by 108. 2. Divide 56,854,327 by 7,323.
3. Divide two hundred and seventy-three millions four hundred and ten thousand two hundred and eighty by three hundred and twelve.
4. Divide seven hundred and thirty-two thousand five hundred and six by one hundred and fifty-three.
MISCELLANEOUS EXERCISES ON THE FIRST FOUR
RULES. 1. What number added to eight hundred and seventy-five thousand five hundred and eighty-nine will amount to twenty million eighty-three thousand six hundred and seventy?
2. What sum added to 53,804 will make a million?
3. In 27 bales of cloth, each containing 15 pieces, and each piece 15 yards, how many yards ?
4. Multiply the number five hundred and seventy-six by itself, and subtract the result from a million.
5. What number must four hundred and sixteen be multiplied by to produce one hundred and fifty-four millions nine hundred and seventy-nine thousands five hundred and fifty-two?
6. There is a number the product of which when multiplied by 12 is ten million ninety-eight thousand three hundred ; find the number.
7. If a person were to count 80 sovereigns per minute, and continue counting 12 hours each day, how many days would he be occupied in counting a million?