« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
EXAMPLES IN NUMERATION, To be copied, separated into periods, and read. 5 901 10000 200000 20020 300300 63 1000 12000 456000 106307 909090 90 1005 13200 682300 400001 8600050 100 1050 50004 704208 302404 2102102 104 1085 62001 800141 800010 4080400 147 1100 70100
900016 700010 1000011 208 1108 80090
601020 · 1030725 3036000 280 3003 97010 700400 4050607 9001003 403 4050 40305 800002 6601000 33007820 729 3015 76052 910103 7406035 61189602
9699 83991 700100 9725014 99099099 130670921
Art. 14. Examples to be written in figures, then read. 1. One unit of the third order. 2. Two units of the third order, and three units of the 3. Three units of the fourth order, and two units of 4. Five units of the fifth order, two units of the third order, and four units of the first order. 5. Nine units of the seventh order, and five units of the 6. Seven units of the fifth order, and five units of the
the second order.
7. Sis units of the ninth order, and four units of the fourth order.
8. Two units of the eighth order, five units of the fifth, and two units of the the third.
9. What is 5 in the first order? 4 in the second ? 3 in the sixth ? 8 in the third ? 7 in the fourth ? 9 in the seventh ? 4 in the fifth ? 2 in the cighth? 8 in the sixth ? 4. in the ninth ? 5 in the tenth ?
Art. 15. The art of expressing numbers by figures or letters, is called
EXAMPLE.Write in figures, the number forty-five
5 in thousands' place for five thousand;
EXAMPLES IN NOTATION. NOTE. Learners should be taught to put a dot for each order, and a large dot for the commencement of each period. 1. Four units.
13. Sixty-five. 2. Onc ten and sis units. 14. Nine tens and seven units. 3. Eighteen.
15. Eighty-seven. 4. Two tens, or twenty. 16. One hundred and four. 5. Two tens and four units. 17. One hundred and two tens 6. Twenty-eight.
18, One hundred and thirty. 7. Three tens, or thirty. 19. One hundred and seventy. 8. Three tcns and two units.
five. 9. Thirty-seven.
20. Two hundreds and three 10. Four tens and one unit.
units. 11. Forty-six.
21. Three hundreds and four 12. Five tens and nine units. tens.
22. Four hundreds, three tens, | 42. Three hundred and fortyand five units.
five-or three hundreds, 23. Five hundred and two.
four tens, and five units. 24. Six hundred and twenty- | 43. Seven hundred and sixty five.
-or seven hundreds, six 25. Two hundreds, two tens,
tens, and no units. and two units.
44. Three thousand four hun26. Nine hundreds, nine tens,
dred and six or three and nine units.
thousands, four hundreds, 27. Eight hundred and seven.
no tens, and six units. 28. Eight hundred and seventy. 45. Forty-two thousand and 29. Nine hundred and one.
thirty-or four tens of
thousands, two thousands, 30. Six hundreds and six units.
no hundreds, three tens, 31. Three hundred and nine.
and no units. 32. One hundred and ninety. 46. Thirty thousand- or three 33. Two hundred and two.
tens of thousands, no hun34. One unit of the third order dreds, no tens, no units.
and one unit of the first 47. One hundred and sixtyorder.
three thousand — or one 35. Two units of the second hundred thousand, six tens
order and one unit of the of thousands, three thoufirst order.
sands, no hundreds, no 36. Three units of the third tens, and no units.
order. What orders have 48. Three hundred and forty-
one thousand, ive hundred 37. Five units of the third and sixty-thrc2-or three
order and three units of hundred thougands, four
tens of thousands, one 38. Eight units of the third thousand, five hundreds,
order, two units of the six tens, and thee units.
millions, no husdreds of 39. One unit of the fourth thousands, eight tens of order.
thousands, three ti ousands, 40. One thousand and twenty
no hundreds, two tens, and coronc thousand, no hun
six units. dreds, two tens, and no 50. Eight hundreds of millions, units.
seven tens of millions, no 41. Twenty-five thousand and millions, seven hundreds
sixmor two tens of thou- of thousands, four tens of sands, five thousands, no
thousands, three thousands, hundreds, no tens, and sis five hundreds, seven tens. units.
and nine units. 3d BL. 2