« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
27. A farmer sold 75 bushels of wheat, at $2 per bushel, for which he received 15 yards of cloth, at $4 per yard, and the balance in money ; how much money did he receive ?
28. A man's income is $1687 a year, and his expenses are $4 a day; what does he save in a year of 365 days?
29. The earth, in going round the sun, moves 19 miles per second ; how far does it move in an hour ?
30. Light moves 192000 miles in a second; how far docs it move in an hour ?
31. I owe 3 notes, whose sum is $368. One of these notes is for $125, another for $84; for what is the third one?
32. A and B start from the same place, and travel in the same direction, A at the rate of 48 miles, and B 64 mile per day; how far apart are they in 1 day? In 24 days ?
33. A and B start from the same place, and travel in opposite directions, A at the rate of 36 miles, and B 44 miles, per day ; how far apart are they in 35 days?
34. The President of the United States receives a salary of $25000 a year; what will he save in a year of 365 days, if his expenses are $40 per day ?
35. In 1 hogshead of wine there are 63 gallons ; how many gallons in 36 hogsheads ?
36. How many yards of cloth in 25 bales, each bale containing 54 pieces, and each piece 36 yards ?
37. The last transit of Venus across the sun's face was in 1769, and the next will be in 1874 ; how many years between these two transits ?
38. Bonaparte was born in the year 1769, and lived 52 years; in what year did he die?
39. The first settlement in New England was made at Plymouth in 16 20 ; how many years is it since that time?
40. How long since the Declaration of American Independence in 1776 ?
41. A rectangular piece of ground is 72 rods long and 36 rods wide ; how many square rods are there in the piece ? How many rods is it round the piece ?
42. A piece of ground is 42 rods square; what will it cost to build a wall around it, at $2 per rod ? What is tho piece of ground worth, at $3 per square rod ?