Handbook of Transnational Crime & Justice
"Crime is everywhere." Crime occurs in every country, in both hemispheres, often acting as if state borders did not exist. The Handbook of Transnational Crime and Justice is a book about just that - crime IS everywhere. This volume discusses how particular criminal acts are occurring everywhere in the world and also recognizes that it is both possible and necessary to combat such crime.
In this Handbook, editor Philip Reichel has brought together renowned scholars from around the world to offer various perspectives providing global coverage of the increasingly transnational nature of crime and the attempts to provide cooperative cross-national responses. This volume not only has a comprehensive introduction to the topic of transnational crime but also provides specific examples such as international terrorism, drug trafficking, and money laundering to illustrate this ever expanding phenomenon. The Handbook also examines cross-national and international efforts by police, courts, international agencies, and correctional authorities to deal with transnational crime. Part IV concludes the book by addressing emerging issues in transnational crime and justice with particular attention given to transnational organized crime in all regions of the world.
- Covers all major transnational crimes and cooperative efforts to combat those crimes at all stages of the justice process such as the law, police, courts, and corrections
- Includes original works written by recognized and respected authors in their area of expertise
- Provides part introductions that summarize the major issues and topics covered within the part's chapters
- Discusses organized crime by world regions, offering unique global coverage of a very complex topic
- Allows readers to easily explore a particular topic since the chapters are designed to stand alone
- Includes an index for quick access to key terms and names
The Handbook provides criminology and criminal justice students and scholars with a practical perspective on the transnational nature of crime in the 21st century. It is a vital resource for practitioners, policy makers, government agencies, and organizations around the world with international objectives. The Handbook will also be a welcome addition to any academic or public library.
Τι λένε οι χρήστες - Σύνταξη κριτικής
Άλλες εκδόσεις - Προβολή όλων
Global Outlaws: Crime, Money, and Power in the Contemporary World
Περιορισμένη προεπισκόπηση - 2007
Sociology of Law: Visions of a Scholarly Tradition
Περιορισμένη προεπισκόπηση - 2008