« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
fifti, Čratmple. If 81 stone of oats are consumed by 7 horses in 9 days, in. how many days will 16 horses consume 228 stone P 81 × 16 - 1296 and 228 × 7 = 2016. 1296 : 2016 :: 9 days 144 14 Therefore, 14 days is the answer. -
Here the number of horses are inverse, and number of stones direct.
1. If 4 yards of linen are bought for 10s. 3d. what will be the price of 50 yards at the same rate 2
16. If 1. 8s. 5d. pay for 7 yds. 34rs. of linen, how many yards of the same can I have for 121 13s. 11d.” 17. How many yards of muslin may be bought for 991 of which llyds. cost 8s. 5d. * 18. If for 991 I buy 132 yards of muslin, what doth 11yds of the same stand me in P 19. What must be paid for 63bls. l l stone of wheat at 18s. * cwt. P 20. If for 142l 19s. 9d. I can purchase 63bls. Alst, of wheat what doth one barrel stand me in P 21. What is the value of 1375% stone of oats at 2s. 84d. per bushel of 3% stone P 22. If 141b of sugar are sold for 13s.6d. what is the rate of cwt. P 23. If 5 yards of cloth cost 21.7s.6d. what will 3 yards cost P 24. What quantity of raisins can be bought for 63 pence of which 7th cost 1s. 9d. ? 25. If 7th of sugar cost 5s. 6d. how many cwt of the same can I purchase for 165!? . 26. If 7th of figs cost ls. 9d, what quantity can I purchase for 5s. 3d. P - 27. If in 365 days I spend 361 10s. what is that per week? 28. If 840lb cost 21, what will 35h cost? 29. What will lewt. stand me in if 71b are worth 1s. 4d. P 30. If 112th of beef cost 42s. what will 7th cost? 31. If 802ct. 1 gr. 171b. of Merchandize cost 6501, what quantity of the same goods may be bought for 2001?
.32. If 10 tuns of wine cost 800l what quantity can be bought for 1500!? . - '33. What will 6500h cost if 5600E of the same goods are bought for 735!? 34. How many tuns of brandy can I buy for 2133, if 6 tuns cost 1296t? 35. If 6cwt. of hops cost 32! what quantity can I have for 4601. P - - t 36. If 63 gallons of brandy cost 451 16s, what will a jar containing 7 gallons cost? 37. Bought 2 chests of indige wt. neat 7ct. 14r, 0", which stand me in 2991 12s. 8d. what is that # It P
59. If the clothing of a body of 850 men cost 2156l 7s.6d. what will the clothing of 3500 men amount to ? 60. At 10s. 6d. if week how long can I be boarded for 19l 19s. 0d P 61. If 31b. of bread can be had for a shilling when wheat is at an average of 30s, per barrel, what is the weight of the 4.d. loaf, when the price is 48 shillings per barrel ? 62. How many yards of cloth 13 yard wide are equal to 2+ yards of 14 yards wide? 63. If my income be £700 per annum, what may I spend per day to save 2101 each year? 64. How many yards of stuff, 34rs. wide, will line a cloak in which there is 34 yards of cloth 14 yards wide 2 65. What will be the charge of keeping 15 horses for a year, at 1s. 24d per day for each horse? 66. How many yards of paper, 30 inches wide, will hang a room 20 yards in compass, and 9 feet high 2 67. How many tons of merchandize can I buy for 9001 8s. 53d. if 7 tons cost 285!? 68. Bought 4 pieces of drugget, qt. 40%, 49%, 47 and 45% yards, at the rate of 10s. 6d. for 3 yards? 69. With how many guineas of 22s. 9d, each, can I pay for a puncheon of rum, qt. 126 gallons, at 10s. 6d. per gal. P 70. Bought 102 barrels of wheat, which stand me in 1151 15s; 78 barrels which cost 851; 81 barrels which cost 1471 10s. and 60 barrels which cost 90l 12s.; what doth l- barrel one with the other stand me in P 71. How many tiles 9 inches square, would lay a floor of 16 feet square, or containing 256 square feet. 72. How many yards of cloth 14 yard wide would be sufficient to cover a billiard table 16 feet long and 8 feet wide P 73. Bought 5 casks of potash weighing meat each 40ct. 34r. 16lb. but one being damaged, I am to be allowed one fourth thereon; what am I to pay for the whole at 46s. 8d. per cwt. P 74. How mueh would a piece of plank come to at 93d per foot, 21+ feet long and 15 inches wide :
Here 21 feet and 6 inches - 258 inches X 15 = 3870 inches.
75. What would a piece of plank cost at 1046. per foot, 18 feet 6 inches long, and 16 inches wide P 76. What is the value of a silver cup, wt. 101b. 202. 16dwt. at 6s. 3d. per ox. P 77. Bought a silver cup weighing 101b. 202. 16dwt., for 38l 7s. 6d.; what did it cost per oz.P 78. Bought at auction an hlid of sugar, wt. neat 13 cwt. for 63. 14s. 0d.; what quantity may I have at the same rate for 574!? 79. What is the price of 5 nails of velvet at 26s. 8d. peryd? 80. A trader failing, owes his creditors 1917, 16s. 9d. and compounds with them at 13s. 4d. per pound; how much money will thus discharge his debts 2
81. What will 425 boxes of turf cost, at 31 for every 120 boxes?
82. What must I pay for 17 ton 11 measures of coal, at 24s. 9d. per ton, each ton containing 16 measures 2 83. A mason having built 4 of a wall in 6 days at the wages of 3s. 94d. per day, his employer agrees to pay him in proportion, at an increased rate for the remainder, according to his dispatch, and he finishes in two days more, how much per day ought he to receive for those 2 days? 84. If 10cwt. are to be carried 84 miles for 39s. how many miles should 12cwt. be carried for the same money P 85. If I lend my friend 400l for? months, how much money. ought he to lend me for 5 months to repay my courtesy P
Here it is plain I must have the use of a larger sum of money, therefore m. m. ae * 5 : 7 :: 400 —4 5)2800 Answer £560
86. If 7001 was the sum lent for 9 months, how much money should be lent 4 months to requite the favour?
87. In how many days will 8 men finish a piece of work, which 20 men can complete in 36 days?
88. If spirits at 8s. per gallon, bear 3 waters to one, what must be given in proportion for spirits which will bear 5 waters to one; and the mixture as strong as the former?