« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
51. Redute 8845rix dol. 37}stiv, to Irish money, exchange between England and Ireland, at 10 per cent, and between England and Holland, at 35s. 4d. Flemish per pound sterling?
At Hamburgh, as well as at Amsterdam, they have twe sorts of money, called banco and currency; the former is much finer and purer than the latter, and bears a high premium, from 18 to 20, and even 25 per cent. All bills of exchange are valued and paid in banco.
Accounts are kept in marks, shillings and pennings, both banco and currency; also in pounds, shillings and pence Flemish, which is an imaginary money used only in exchange.
The par of exchange is from 34s. to 35s. 1d. Flemish per pound sterling, varying according to the fluctuation of the agio, and the current price of gold and silver.
The course of Exchange varies from 33s. to 36s 6d. pe pound Flemish; as in Amsterdam, London gives the certain and Hamburgh the uncertain price.
12 Phennings ...... = I Schilling Lubec.
1 Schilling or Stiver gross. 1 Skilling.
6 Phennings . . . . . .
52. Reduce 329, 12s. 6d. British, to Hambro’ money, exchange, at 35s. 4d.
53. Reduce 4367 marks, 8 stivers, 6 phennings Hambro’ money, to British sterling, at 35s. 4d. Flemish per pound sterling 2
54. Reduce 1831 6s. 8d. British to Hambro' currency, exchange, at 35s. 6d. Flemish per pound sterling, and agio, 22# per cent *
currency, to British sterling, exchange at 35s. 6d. Flemish per pound sterling, and agio 22% per cent?
65. Reduce 350l. 8s. Irish, to Hambro’ bank money, exchange between England and Ireland, at 94 per cent, and between England and Hamburgh, at 35s. Flemish per pound
66. Reduce 3500 marks, Hambro’ currency, to Irish money, exchange at 36s. 6d. Flemish per pound sterling, and between England and Ireland, at 84 per cent :
67. Reduce 2551 10s. Irish money to Hambro’ currency, exchange between England and Ireland, at 104 per cent, and between England and Hamburgh, at 35s 4}d. Flemish per pound British, agio 21% per cent?
68. Reduce 5400 marks, Hambro’ currency, to Irish money, exchange at 36s. 3d. Flemish to pound sterling, and between England and Ireland at 9 per cent, and agio 21% per cent?
EXCHANGE WITH FRANCE.
Accounts are kept in France, in francs and centimes, they were formerly kept in livers, sols or sous, and deniers.
10 Centimes........ = . . . . . . . . 1 Décime. '
The franc or new livre is 13 per cent better than the old livre tournois, the new livre consisting of 243 deniers, and the old of 240.
* Tournois is a term of the same im - - England and Ireland. port in France, as sterling in
London exchanges with France at a certain number of francs and cents per pound sterling, "
The par of Exchange is 24 francs 70 cents for ll sterling, but the course of exchange varies from 23 to 25 francs, London giving the certain, and Paris the uncertain price.
69. In 475l 15s. 0d. British, how many francs; exchange at 23 francs, 54 centimes per pound sterling?
As 1 : 475,75 ::, 23,54 23,54 190300 ** 237875 * 142725 - 95150 * - 11199,1550 Answer, 11199,154 cents, 70. In 11199 francs 154 centimes, how many pound sterling, at 23 francs 54 centimes per pound sterling? As 23,54 : 11199,155 : :, 1 - . . . . . 1 - - - 2354)11199,155(475,75 . 17831 475l 15s. Answer, 13535 17655 1177
71. Reduce 374! 15s. 6d, British to francs, &c. exchange at 23 francs 62 centimes per pound sterling 2 72. Reduce 3411 16s. 8d. to francs, &c. exchange at 23f. 71 cen. per pound sterling 2 . . . 73. Reduce 3141 francs 64 centimes to British money, at 24 francs 33 centimes per pound sterling : 74. Reduce 8456,75 francs to British money, exchange, 24 francs 5 centimes per pound sterling? - 75. Reduce 624l 11s. 9d. Irish, to French money, exchange between England and Ireland, at 74 per cent, and between
England and France, at 24 francs 42 centimes per pound British ; - -