« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
13. Reduce 67 to an improper fraction. 14. Reduce 83 to an improper fraction. 15. Reduce 94 to an improper fraction.
12 is of what number?,
is of what number? 6. 18 is 6 of what number?
is g of what number?
is of what number?
is B of what number?
of what number?
g of what number?
il corso di calcio
orgoco era con S
Miscellaneous Examples. 1. A man sold 8 yards of cloth for 34 dollars a yard; what did it come to ?
2. A man sold a horse for 76 dollars, which was of what it cost him; how much did it cost him?
3. A man sold of a gallon of wine for 40 cents; what was that a gallon ?
4. If it will take 17 yards of cloth to make a coat, how many yards will it take to make 7 coats?
5. If í horse consume 37 bushels of oats in 2 days, how much would 2 horses consume in 5 days?
6. If, when the days are 94 hours long, a man perform a journey in 10 days, in how many days would he perform it when the days are 12 hours long?
7. A man sold 8 yards of cloth for 73 dollars a yard, and received 8 firkins of butter at 6% dollars a firkin; how much was then due to him?
8. Two men are 38 miles apart, and are travel
ling towards each other, one at the rate of 3 miles an hour, the other 2 miles; how much do they approach each other in an hour? How much in 2 hours ? In how many hours will they meet? At what distance from each place from which they set out?
A. 1. If you give 4 of an orange to one boy, and to another, how much more do you give the first than the second ?
2. 1 of an orange is how many # of an orange?
3. If you give į of an orange to one boy, and to another, how many would you give away? How many 1 would you have left?
4. 1 and 1 are how many 1? 5. A man gave to one laborer 4 of a bushel of 'heat, and if to another; how many t of a bushel d he give to both ? How many bushels ? 6. J and are how many ? How many times 1 ? 7. A man gave } of a barrel of flour to one man, de of a barrel to another; to which did he give e most? 3. 4 is how many ??
7. A man bought 1 of a bushel of wheat at one mne, and of a bushel at another; at which time did he buy the most?
10. Į is how many ?
11. A man bought of a yard of cloth at one time, and 4 of a yard at another; at which time did he buy the most?
12. are how many 1?
to one man, and of a bushel to another ; but lie could not tell how to divide it. Another man, standing by, advised him to divide the whole bushel into six equal parts first, and then take 4 of them for one, and of them for the other. How many parts did he give to each ? How many to both ? How many had he left?
14. is how many ? is how many +? and are how many ?
15. A man, paying some money to his laborers, gave each man of a dollar, and each boy of a dollar; how much more did he give to a man than to a boy?
16. What is the difference between 1 and 1?
17. If a man can earn of a dollar in a day, and a boy f of a dollar, how much does the man earn more than the boy?
18. What is the difference between 4 and 7?
19. A boy, distributing some nuts among his companions, gave of a quart to one, and 4 of a quart to another; how much more did he give to one than to the other?
Note. Change them to sixths.
21. A man, having two bushels of grain to distribute among his laborers, wished to give of a bushel to one, and 4 of a bushel to another, and the rest to a third; but was at a loss to tell how to divide it; at last he concluded to divide each bushel into six equal parts, or sixths, and then to distribute those parts. How many sixths did he give to each?
22. is how many 1?
23. A man had a horse, and a cow, and a sheep. The horse would eat ? of a load of hay in the winar, the cow 4, and the sheep & How many of a sad would each eat? How many t would they all
how many loads?