Renaissance Art Reconsidered: An Anthology of Primary Sources
Carol M. Richardson, Kim W. Woods, Michael W. Franklin
Wiley, 12 Φεβ 2007 - 472 σελίδες
Renaissance Art Reconsidered
showcases the aesthetic principles and the workaday practices guiding daily life through these years of extraordinary human achievement.
- A major new anthology, bringing to life the places, works, media, and issues that define Renaissance art
- Ideal for use on Renaissance studies courses and for reference by students of art history
- Moves beyond the borders of Italy to consider European, Mediterranean, and post Byzantine art, widening the traditional focus of Renaissance art
- Includes letters, treatises, contracts, inventories, and other public documents, many of which are translated into English for the first time in this volume
- Showcases the aesthetic principles and the workaday practices guiding daily life through these years of extraordinary human achievement, providing crucial insight into the art and the context in which it was produced.