« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
BY RICHARD HILEY,
Late Principal of Thorp-Arch Grange School, near Tadcaster.
Improved Editions of the following may be had.
1. The CHILD'S FIRST ENGLISH GRAMMAR. 18mo. 6th Edition.. 2. The CHILD'S FIRST GEOGRAPHY. 18mo. 6th Edition
1 0 09
II. The Junior Series.
3. ABRIDGMENT of ENGLISH GRAMMAR. 18mo. 12th Edition 4. PRACTICAL ENGLISH COMPOSITION. PART I. 18mo. 12th Edition 1 6 5. PROGRESSIVE GEOGRAPHY, in Four Courses. 18mo. 8th Edition 20
III. Middle Series.
6. ENGLISH GRAMMAR, STYLE, and POETRY. 12mo. 12th Edition 3 6 7. ENGLISH EXERCISES, adapted to the same, and divided into Lessons, with the principal Rules attached. 12mo. 9th Edition........ 8. PRACTICAL ENGLISH COMPOSITION. PART II. 18mo. 6th Edition
9. PRACTICAL ENGLISH COMPOSITION, PART III. comprising Pro-
IV. Latin, Arithmetic, Mensuration, &c.
to the quantities, the rules on which they depend being clearly explained in an early lesson; and the prosodial accent is marked in all the Latin pollysyllables, whether simple or inflected, respecting which there can arise a doubt in the beginner's mind.
10. LATIN GRAMMAR (in English). THIS work was originally drawn up for a large establishment to avoid the expense of purchasing several treatises on the same subject, by condensing and appropriately arranging in one small volume everything really essential with regard to Latin Grammar up to the period of entering the Universities. Great attention has been paid 11. FIRST PROGRESSIVE LATIN EXERCISES. 12mo. 2d Edition 1 6 12. The ARITHMETICAL COMPANION, to which are added Mensuration, Book-keeping, and Mental Arithmetic. 18mo. 5th Edition, revised....
V. For Teachers only.
13. KEY to the ARITHMETICAL COMPANION, with the Solutions
15. KEY to ENGLISH COMPOSITION.
Or bound with the Composition, PART I.
16. KEY to ENGLISH COMPOSITION. PART II. Or bound with the Composition, PART II.
4 Ludgate Hill.