« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
Divide the lowest denomination given, by so many of that name as make one of the next higher, and so on through all the denominations, as far as your question requires.
PROOF. Multiply inversely by the several divisors.
1. In 224765 farthings, how many pence, shillings and
Farthings in a penny = 4)224765
£254 2s. 7d. 1qr.
NOTE. The remainder is always of the same name as
2. Bring 30329 farthings into pounds?
Ans. £31 11s. 10d. 1gr.
S. In 44447 farthings, how many pounds?
Ans. £46 5s. 11d. Sqrs
4. In 59156 farthings, how many pence, shillings, and pounds? Ans. 14784d. 1232s. £61 12s. 5. In 20160 pence how many shillings and pounds? Ans. 1680s. or £84.
6. In 900 farthings, how many pounds?
Ans. £0 18s. 9d.
7. Bring 74981 half-pence into pounds
Ans. £156 4s. 24d.
8. In 245648 farthings, how many dollars at 6s. each?
9. Reduce 18776 pence to guineas, at 28s. per guinea. Ans. 41
10. In 62504 farthings, how many pistoles, at £2s. 6* Ans. 59.
1. In 104 three-pences, how many half,johannes, at
12. In 38720 farthings, how many French crowns, at 6s. 8d. ?
Reduction Ascending and Descending
1. In 1217. Os. 94d. how many half-pence?
Ans. 58099 2. In 58099 half-pence, how many pounds?
Ans. 1211. Os. 94d.
S. Bring 23760 half-pence into pounds. Ans. £49 10s. 4. In 214l. 1s. Sd. how many shillings, six-pences, three pences, and farthings? Ans. 4281s. 8562 six
pences, 17125 three-pences, and 205500 farthings. 5. In 1371. how many pence, and English or French Crowns at 6s. 8d. each P Ans. 32880d. 411 crowns. 6. In 249 English half-crowns, how many pence and pounds? Ans. 9960d. and £41 10s. 7. In 546 guincas, at 21s. each, how many shillings, goats and pence? Ans. 7266s. 21798 gr'ts and 87192d. 8. In 48 guineas, at 28s. each, how many 44d. pieces ? Ans. 3584 9. In 81 guineas, at 27s. 4d. each how many pounds? Ans. £iio 14s. 10. In 24396 pence, how many shillings, pounds and pistoles ? Ans. 2033s. £101 13s. and 92 pistoles.
11. In 252 moidores, at $6s. each, how many guineas at 28s. each ? Ans. 324. 12. In 1680 Dutch guilders, at 2s. 4d. each, how many pistoles at 22s. each P Ans. 178 pistoles, 4s. 13. Borrowed 1248 English crowns, at 6s. 8d. each, how many pistareens, at 144d. each will pay the debt? Ans. 6885 pistareens and 74d. 14. In 50%. how many shillings, nine-pences, six-pen ces, four-pences, and pence, and of each an equa number? 12d.+9data.+4d.+id. =32d. and £50 = 12000d. 52-375 Ansi
REDUCTION OF FEDERAL MONEY.
1. Reduce 2745 dollars into cents.
Here I multiply by 100, the cents in a dollar; but dollars are >readily brought into cents by annexing two cyphers, and into mills by annexing three cyphers. Also, any sum in Federal money may be written down as a whole number and expressed in its lowest denomination; for, when dollars and cents are joined together as a whole number, without a separatrix, they will shew how many cents the given sum contains; and when dollars, cents, and mills are so joined together, they will shew the whole number of mills in the given sum.Hence, properly speaking, there is no reduction of this money for cents are readily turned into dollars by cutting off the two right hand figures, and mills by pointing aff three figures with a dot; the figures to the left hand of the dot, are dollars; and the figures cut off are cents, or cents and mills.
2. In 345 dollars, how many cents and mills? Ans. 34500cts. 345000 mills. 3. Reduce 48 dols. 78 cts. into cents. 4. Reduce 25 dols. 8 cts. into cents. 5. Reduce 54 dols. 36 cts. 5m. into mills. 6. Reduce 9 dols. 9 cts. 9m. into mills.
7. Reduce 41925 cents into dollars. 8. Change 4896 cents into dollars. 9. Change 45009 cents into dollars. 10. Bring 4625 mills into dollars.
Ans. 54365 Ans. 9099 $ cis.
Ans. 419 25
4 62 5
2. TROY WEIGHT.
How many grains in a silver tankard, t
1lb. 11 oz. 15 pwt.?
2. In 246 oz. how many pwts. and grains ?
Ans. 4920pwt. 118080grs
3. Bring 46080 grs. into pounds. 4. In 97597 grains of gold how many pounds? Ans. 16lb. 10oz. 18pwt. 5grs. 5. In 15 ingets of geld, each weighing 9 oz. 5 pwt. how many grains Ans. 66600 6. In 4 lb. 1 oz. 1 pwt. of silver, how many table spoons, weighing 25 pwt each, and tea-speens, 4 pwt. 6 grs. each, can be made, and an equal number of each sort ?
93pwt.+4pwt. 6grs. 654grs. the divisor and 4lb. 1oz. 1pwt. 23544grs. the dividend. Therefore 25544 654-36 Answer.
S. AVOIRDUPOIS WEIGHT.
In 89 cwt. 3 qrs. 14 lb. 12 az. how many ounces ?
2. In 19 lb. 14 oz. 11 dr. how many drams?
3. In 1 ton how many drams?
Ans. 5099. Ans. 573440.
4. In 24 tons, 17 cwt. 3 qrs. 17 lb. 5 oz. how many Qunces ?
5. Bring 5099 drams into pounds.
6 Bring 578440 drams into tons.
Ans. 19lb. 14oz. 11dr.
7. Bring 892245 ounces into tons.
Ans. 24 tons, 17cwt. 3qrs. 17lb. 5oz. 8. In 12 hhds. of sugar, each 11 cwt. 25lb. how many pounds? Ans. 15084.
9. In 42 pigs of lead, each weighing 4cwt. Sqrs. how many fother, at 19cwt. 2qrs.? Ans. 10 fother, 44cwt.
10. A gentleman has 20hhds. of tobacco, each 8cwt. Sqrs. 14lb. and wishes to put it into boxes containing 70lb. each, I demand the number of boxes he must get P Ars, CSA.
4. APOTHECARIES' WEIGHT.
In 9 83 13 29 19grs. how many grains.
2.TD-55799 grains, how many pounds?
Ans. gib 83 13 29 19gr.