« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
1. Joseph and William each had the same sum ; Joseph spent } of his and William spent į of his : what part of Joseph's money then equaled William’s ?
2. If 9 men can do a piece of work in 77 days, how long will it take ny men to do it ?
3. Mary divided 30 yards of ribbon among her classmates, giving to each 34 yards : how many classmates had she ?
4. Bonsall bought 19 yards of cloth worth $35 a yard and paid for it with apples worth of a dollar a bushel : how many bushels were required ?
5. Robert's bicycle cost $95, and Bg of its cost is is of the cost of his sister's sewing machine : what was the cost of the sewing machine ?
6. What part of 11 cents is # of a dime ? 7. How many ounces in 83 pounds Troy ?
8. If 7 grains of medicine cost 35 cents, how much will 2 scruples cost ?
9. What is the difference between 7 feet square and 7
10. Which months have 30 days each? Which have 31 days?
11. How much will 10 sheets of paper cost at 24 cents a quire ?
12. What number is that to which if you add of itself, the sum will be 45 ?
13. David's age, increased by twice 4 of his age equals 40 years: what is his age ?
14. Mr. Walters being asked his age, replied that the difference between and } of his age added to his age would give 68 years : what was his age ?
15. Beulah skipped the rope 60 times, which was of
of twice the number of times Maria skipped the rope : how many times did Maria skip the rope ? 16. Susannah expended f of her money.
She then earned $ as much as she had at first, and then had 34 cents : how many had she at first ?
17. f of John's money plus $8 equals $36 : how much money has he ?
18. Timothy's age diminished by š of of his age is 14 years : what is the age of Timothy ?
19. A's house is 20 rods from B’s, and 4 of that distance lacks 6 rods of being 11 the distance from B's houso to C's: find the distance from B's house to C's.
20. Sarah spent of her money for nuts, 10 cents for candy, and had 14 cents left : how much had she at first ?
21. Richard had a certain number of apples. He gave away 1 of them, bought 10, and then had 34: how many had he at first ?
22. A horse and carriage cost $300, and ß of the cost of the carriage plus $9 equaled $84 : what was the cost of each ?
23. A certain number increased by 15 is 4 times the same number : what is the number?
24. 5 times a certain number, less 20, is three times the number : what is the number ?
25. Samuel's age, less 6 more than one half, equals 4 years : what is his age ?
26. Harry spent 9 cents more than his money, and then had ; as much as at first.: how much had he at first ?
27. 5 times a number, less 10, equals three times the number, plus 4: what is the number?
28. 4 times a certain number, plus the number, plus 3, equals 5 times the number: what is the number?
29. Spencer is 4 times as old as Allen, and the sum of their ages is 55 years : what is the age of each ?
30. A house and barn cost $7,000. If the barn cost as much as the house, what was the cost of each ?
31. John had 30 cents more than Frank : if 3 times Frank's money equaled John's, how much had each?
32. A man willed his wife twice as much as his daughter, and his son twice as much as his wife : how much did each receive, if he left $14,000 ?
33. Tracy is f as old as Warren, and Warren is } as old as Mr. Brown : if the sum of their ages is 104 years, how old is each ?
34. The age of Watson is of the age of Warren, and the sum of their ages is 35 years : how old is each ?
35. The sum of two numbers is 20, and į the smaller equals f the greater : what are the numbers ?
36. Divide 45 so that of the one part will equal of the other.
37. The difference between two numbers is 11, and } of the one equals } of the other : what are the numbers ?
38. If $340 be divided into two parts that are to each other as to ļ, it will give of A's and 10 of B’s money : how much money has each ?
39. If 5 boys spend 50 cents in 5 days, how long, at the same rate, will 24 cents last 3 boys ?
40. If it takes 4 men y days to dig a cellar, how long will it take 14 men to do twice as much ?
41. If 3 boys can pick of a bushel of cherries in 1 hour, how long will it take 5 boys to pick 2 bushels ?
42. How many books can be bought for $20, if 3 books are worth 6 gold pens, and 4 gold pens are worth $8 ?
43. If a party of 8 men have enough provisions to last 7 days, how long will they last if 1 man leaves after half the provisions are eaten?
44. How many pounds in 54 tons ?
49. How many cubic inches in a block 6 inches long, 8 inches wide, and 7 inches thick ?
50. The side of a certain cube is 11 inches square: find the contents of the cube.
51. A square ceiling contains 110.25 square feet: how long is one side of the ceiling ?
52. How many pens in a box containing of a gross ? 53. How many sheets of paper in 4; reams? 54. What part of a peck is š of a bushel ? 55. What part of an hour is 4's of a day ?
56. What part of the cost equals the gain at 64% ? 84%? 163% ? 25% ? 331% ?
57. Jane bought 8 yards of cambric for $1.60 and sold it so as to gain 20% : how much did she receive a yard ?
58. A owned 40 horses and sold 25% of them; B owned twice as many as A, and sold 50% of them : how many horses had each left ?
59. John bought a dog for $5 and sold it for $4, : what was his loss per cent. ?
60. Stewart broke 20% of a score of eggs, and sold 25% of what was left : how many remained ?
61. What % of fis ? Of is 14 ? Of is it?
62. Orson sold his pony for $60 and thereby lost ! of what he gave for it: what % would he have gained by selling it for $90 ?
63. If a grocer sold potatoes au 15 cents a bushel and thereby gained 20%, what per cent. would he have lost by selling them at 50 cents a bushel ?
64. Garwood gains 10% by selling apples at 22 cents a peck : what per cent. would he gain by selling them at $1 a bushel ?
65. Hammond gains 40% by selling his boat for $20 more than it cost : how much did the boat cost ?
66. Lawrence sold his wagon for $24 less than its value, and lost 33}% : how much per cent. would he have gained had he sold it for $96 ?
67. $24 is 163% of the sum of A's and B's money, and A's is 3 times B’s money : how much has each ?
68. I sent my agent $2,100 to buy goods after deducting his commission of 5%: what was his commission ?
69. What is the interest on $75 for 4 years at 5% ? 70. What is the interest on $200 for 3 years at 4% ? 71. What is the interest on $150 for 2 years at 6% ? 72. What is the interest on $400 for 5 years at 3% ? 73. What is the interest on $300 for 2 years at 4% ? 74. What is the interest on $250 for 3 years at 8% ?
75. What is the interest on $100 for 1 year 6 months at 6% ?
76. What is the interest on $300 for 1 year 4 months at 8% ?
77. What is the interest on $200 for 2 years 8 months at 6% ?
78. What is the interest on $500 for 3 years 4 months at 3% ?
79. What is the interest on $200 for 2 years 6 months at 9% ?
80. What is the interest on $10 for 4 years 4 months at 4% ?
81. What is the interest on $1,000 for 2 years 2 months 12 days at 5%?