« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
5. Mr. A collected a claim for me, charging 10% commission. If he paid me $238.77, find the amount of the claim.
6. Mr. Phillips sold a city building lot at 21 % commission. He paid to his employer $7800. What was the value of the sale ?
7. A commission merchant was paid $27 for selling 300 bbl. of flour at $4 a barrel. What was the rate of commission ?
MODEL. $4 x 300 = $1200, sum received for flour.
$27 - $1200 = 21 % Ans. Since the commission, $27, is obtained by multiplying the sum received for the flour, $1200, by the rate expressed decimally, it is evident that the rate equals $27 divided by $ 1200, which gives .021, or 21 %
1. I paid an agent $41.40 for collecting a claim of $ 720. What was the rate of commission ?
2. If $63 is charged for collecting $ 2520, what is the rate ?
3. When $124.80 commission is paid for selling $3840 worth of corn, what is the rate ?
4. A manufacturer paid an agent $259.02 for selling goods on a commission of 43%. What was the amount of his sales ?
5. An agent remitted $71,295 from a sale of flour after deducting his commission of $1455. Find the rate of commission.
6. A commission merchant sold flour at $4.50 a barrel, on 32 % commission. His commission was $126.
How many barrels did he sell ?
7. A commission merchant sold 250 boxes of oranges, each box containing 12 doz., at 36¢ a dozen.
What was his rate of commission if he received $59.40 for making the sale ?
8. A commission merchant sold a consignment of cotton for $2500. After deducting his commission of 3% and $54.80 storage and freight, what amount was paid to the consignor ?
9. An agent sold 80 tubs of butter, 56 lb. each, at 20% a pound. After deducting 5% for selling and $46.80 shipping expenses, what amount was paid to the consignor ?
10. An agent sold goods which cost $1250 for $1720. What per cent profit did his employer make if the agent charged him $871 commission, $25 freight, and $12) cartage ?
11. At a commission of 31%, an agent sold wheat and remitted to his employer $6948. What was the amount of the sale ?
12. An agent's commission for selling a city building lot was $423.75. Find the selling price if the rate of commission was 3%.
Sometimes a certain percentage is deducted from the amount of a bill, or of a debt, for cash payment, or for other reasons. It is not an unusual thing for manufacturers, “firms,” or “ houses” to deduct two or more percentages from the list price of goods. These deductions are known in business as Commercial, or Trade Discounts.
1. I purchased 28 yards of carpet, the list price being $1.25 a yard, at 10% discount. How much did the carpet cost me ?
2. I bought pocket knives, listed at $1.50 each, at 20% off. How much did they cost me?
3. A man sold a bill of goods amounting to $840 at a discount of 12}% for cash. What was the discount ?
4. J. C. Madden, Wilkesbarre, Pa., bought of the American Book Company, New York:
48 Barnes's Elementary Geography @ $ .55,
60 Natural Advanced Geography Find the net amount of the bill, allowing a discount of 20%. Make out the bill.
When two or more discounts are allowed, the first is taken from the list price; the second from the remainder ; the third from the second remainder, etc.
5. A man bought an automobile, the list price of which was $600, at a discount of 20% and 10% off for cash. What was the net cost?
MODEL. $600 x .80 = $480 = 20% off.
$480 x .90,= $432 Ans. 6. Mr. Wilson bought 300 wagons, the list price being $70, at 30% and 10% off for cash. Find the net cost of the wagons.
1. I bought shovels, listed at $1.50 each, at 50% and 8% off. How much did they cost me ?
2. A manufacturer sold a bill of goods amounting to $260, at 30% discount and 21% off for cash. Find the net price.
3. What is the difference between the net value of a bill of goods for $1000 at. 20% and 5% off, and the net value of a bill for the same amount at 25% off ?
4. I am offered a bill of goods, list price $1000, at 45% discount, or at 30% and 15% off. Which is the better offer?
5. Find the net price of a $900 piano, if sold at a discount of 40% and 10%.
6. I paid $114.20 for a mowing machine, after deducting 20% from the list price. Find the list price.
7. Which is better, and how much, a discount of 40% and 10%, or a discount of 20% and 30%, from a bill of $3350 ?
8. Find the auctioneer's commission for selling $765.80 worth of silverware, his rate being 41%.
9. If an auctioneer sells goods at 4% commission and receives $30.28, what amount does he sell?
10. Mr. Detrick paid an attorney $29.25 for collecting a bill of $487.50. What was the rate of commission ?
11. Find the net price of a bill of goods amounting to #580, at 30% and 21% off.
12. The Scranton School Board bought of the Bloomsburg School Desk Company a lot of desks amounting to $900, at a discount of 20%, 10%, and 5%. Find the net amount of the bill.
13. A merchant bought a bill of hardware amounting to $469.20 subject to the following discounts : 20%, 10%, and 5%. Find the net amount of the bill.
14. Find the net amount of a bill of goods for $ 3000 subject to the following discounts: 123%, 5%, and 2%.
15. After a discount of 20% for cash a bicycle was sold for $28.80. Find the list price.