« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29 30. 31. 32. 33 34. 35. 36. 37.
39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46.
Two times three are how many ?
47. Nine times five are how many
D. 1. What cost three yards of cloth, at five dol lars a yard 1
2. What cost four oranges, at six cents apiece 3. What cost seven barrels of cider, at three dollars a barrel ? 4. How much do three barreis of beer come to, at seven dollars a barrel ? 5. What cost four firkins of butter, at eight dollars a firkin 6. What do nine pounds of veal come to, at six cents a pound ! . - 7. What cost six reams of paper, at five dollars per ream 7 8. What cost eight pair of shoes, at three dollars a pair? 9. What is the value of nine yards of cloth, at six dollars a yard 10. If a man travel five miles in an hour, how many miles will he travel in nine hours ? 11. There is an orchard consisting of ten rows of trees, and nine trees in each row ; how many trees
are thére in the orchard 7
12. On a chess board there are eight rows of squares, and eight squares in each row ; how many squares are there on the board 7
13. In one penny there are four farthings; how many farthings are there in six pence 1
14. How many farthings are there in eight
15. How many farthings are there in nine pence 1 - & 16. How many farthings are there in ten pence? a 17. In one shilling there are twelve pence; how many farthings are there in a shilling ...ts. In one pint, there are four gills; how many gills are there in five pints? to .19. In one quart there are two pints; how mag.
* pints are there in six quarts?
20. How many pints are there in three quarts?
* * * * ** 2 x
21. How many gills are there in six pints 22. How many gills are there in one quart 1 23. How many gills are there in three quarts : 24. In one gallon there are four quarts; how many quarts are there in three gallons ! 25. How many quarts are there in five gallons ! 26. How many quarts are there in seven gallons? 27. How many pints are there in one gallon 7 28. How many pints are there in three gallons? 29. How many gills are there in one gallon 30. How many gills are there in five quarts 1 31. How many gills are there in two gallons 1 32. A person bought two oranges, at six cents apiece; and seven lemons, at four cents apiece; and five pears, at two cents apiece; how much did the whole come to '' o 33. If one pint of gin cost eight cents, what will | one quart cost 7 o 34. If one gill of brandy cost four cents, what will one quart cost 7 35. If one gill of beer cost two cents, what will one gallon cost 7 36. If a stage runs seven miles in an hour, how far will it run in mine hours ? * * . 37. Two men start from the same place and travel different ways ; one travels two miles in an hour ; the other travels three miles in an hour A how far apart will they be at the end of one hour ! How far at the end of two hours ? How far at the end of three hours ? How far at the end of four hours ? 38. Two men start from the same place and travel the same way; one travels at the rate of two | miles in an hour; the other, four ; how far apart | will they be in one houł How far in two hours? . . . How far in four hours ?" s - 89. If three men can Wo a piece of work in two o
days, how many days would it take one man to do
44. If fifteen dollars worth of provision will serve eight men five days, how many days will it serve one man 7 45. A man had a piece of work to perform which seven men could do in nine days, but it was necessary that the whole should be completed in one day; how many men must he employ , v. 46. If the interest of one dollar is six cents a year, what would be the interest of ten dollars for the same time 7 zo. 47. If the interest of one dollar is six cents for one year, what would be the interest of it for two years ? for three years 1 for seven years ? 48. If a man can earn seven shillings in a day, how many shillings will he earn in six days 3 49. If a man can earn eight dollars in a month, how much can he earn in six months 50. At five dollars a week, what will nine weeks board come to ? o / 51. A lady bought three yards of cambric at two dollars a yard, seven yards/ of silk for three dollars