« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
LOCAL EXAMINATION SERIES.
co Book of English Literature and The Book of Physical
following Works will be ready in January 1877, and will be fol-
Fellow and Lecturer of Christ's College, Cambridge.
4. The Book of Trigonometry and Mensuration.” By WILLIAM
GARNETT, M.A., Fellow of St John's College, Cambridge; University Demon-
strator of Physics.
5 The Book of Physical Geography." By KEITH JOHNSTON,
F.R.G.S., Assistant Examiner Science and Art Department, South Kensington.
6. “The Book of Common Prayer.” Its History anđ Contents.
By Rev. R. J. GRIFFITHS, B.A. and LL.B., Whewell University Scholar ; Author
of “Old Testament History," &c.
7. "The Book of Latin.” With an Introduction to Philology, the
new Pronunciation, its rules and its reasons, &c. By C. A. M. FENNELL, M.A.,
late Fellow, Lecturer, and Examiner of Jesus College, Cambridge.
8. “The Book of Greek ;” with an Introductory Essay in the
Language. By SAMUEL LEE, M.A., Barrister at Law, Author of the Globe
Editions of Horace and Virgil; Examiner to the Inns of Court; to the Oxford
and Cambridge School Examination Board ; Civil Service Examiner, &c.
9. “The Book of English." By J. M. D. MEIKLEJOHN, M.A.,
Professor of Education in the University of St Andrews; Translator of Kant's
“Kritik of Pure Reason."
10. “The Book of French.” By WALTER BESANT, M.A. Christ's
College, Cambridge; Author of "Studies in Early French Poetry,” “The
French Humourists, &c. ; Examiner in French to the Cambridge Local, the
Higher Local, and the Oxford and Cambridge Schools Examination.
11. “The Book of Euclid.” By Rev. F. HARRISON, M. A., late
Fellow and Tutor, Oriel College, Oxford.
12. “The Book of Algebra.” By ARTHUR J. FISHER, B.A., Scholar
of Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge; Mathematical and Science Master
of King's School, Ely.
13. “The Book of English Literature.” By W. STEWART Ross,
University of Glasgow, Author of " Last Century of British History," &c.
14. “The Book of English History.” By Rev. R. J. GRIFFITIS,
B.A. LL.B., St John's
College, Cambridge, Joint Editor.
* Specimens free by post. for published price in stamps, from the
AMERICA, Soil of, 91.
Watersheds of, 48.
[230, 299, 360.
Mental, 193, 225, 368.
Berwick, Siege of, 338.
CHRISTIANITY, Introduction of, to Britain, 12,4 5.
Warm and Warmth-giving, 42, 77.
DOMESTIC ECONOMY, Warm Dishes, 79.
Salt, Uses of, 142, 170.
Vegetables, How to Cook, 537, 80, 356.
Roman Period, B.C. 55 to 410 A.D., 10.
Feudal System, 114.
GOSPELS, Studies on the, 4, 37, 70, 102, 134, 165, 198, 228, 293, 327, 357.
Genealogy of, 6.
Temptation of, 102.
Miracles in, 228, 293.
Sea of, 135.
Introduction to the, 4.
Meaning of the Word, 4.