« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
80. Nine and ten are how many? 81. Ten and ten are how many ?
D. 1. Three boys, Peter, John, and Oliver, gave some money to a beggar. Peter gave seven cents, John, four cents; and Oliver three cents, how
many did they all give him?
2. How many did Peter give more than Oliver?
3. Frank had nine pears, and gave three of them to Harry; how many had he left; and how many more than Harry had he then ?
4. Dick had ten peaches, Harry twelve, and Charles thirteen; Dick gave three to Stephen, Harry gave him six, and Charles gave him five; how many had stephen ? and how many had each left ?
5. A boy had twenty apples, and gave them to his companions, as follows; to one he gave three; to another, two; to another, four; and to another, five; how many did he give away? and how many had he left ?
6. A boy gave to one of his companions eight peaches; to another, six; to another, four; and kept two himself; how
had he at first ? . 7. A boy went to the confectioner's and bought three cakes of gingerbread, for which he gave a cent apiece ; two buns, for which he gave three cents apiece; one custard for four cents, and one orange for six cents ; how many cents did he spend for the whole ?
8. A boy having twenty-five cents, bought one quart of cherries for eight cents, one orange for six cents, and gave away three cents; how many cents had he left ?
9. A boy bought a box for eighteen cents, and gave eight cents to have it painted, and then sold it for thir. ty-two cents ; how much did he gain by the bargain ?
10. A man bought a sleigh for seventeen dollars and gave nine dollars to have it repaired and painted and then sold it for twenty-three dollars ; how much did he lose by the bargain?
11. Eleven and two are how many ?
43. Fifteen and five are how many? 44. Sixteen and two are how many ? 45. Sixteen and three are how many ? 46. Sixteen and four are how many
? 47. Seventeen and two are how many
? 48. Seventeen and threw are how many ? 49. Eighteen and two are how many ?
E. 1. A man bought a sheep for nine dollars, and to pay for it he gave five bushels of corn worth four dollars and the rest in money; how much money did
2. If a barrel of flour is worth eight dollars, and hundred weight of sugar is worth twelve dollars ; how much more is the sugar worth than the flour ?
3. If a man had eleven dollars and should buy three bushels of corn for five dollars, how much money would he have left ?
4. A man bought a firkin of butter for fifteen dollars, but it being damaged he was willing to sell it again for eight dollars less than he gave for it; what did he sell it for?
5. A man bought three barrels of flour for eighteer dollars, and sold it again for eleven dollars; what dia he lose by the bargain?
6. A man bought a keg of tobacco for thirteen dollars, and sold it again for eighteen; what did he gain by the bargain ?
y Five less two are how many? 8. Seven less thrce are how many ? 9. Three less three are how many ? 10. Nine less three are how many ? 11. Six less two are how many ? 12. Seven less four are how many ? 13. Eight less three are how many ? 14. Five less four are how many ?
15. Seven less five are how many
2 24. Seventeen less five are how many ? 25. Eighteen less ten are how
? 33. Sixteen less five are how
F. 1. How many are nine and two ? Nineteen and two? Twenty-nine and two ? Thirty-nine and two ? Forty-nine and two ? Fifty-pine and two ? Sixty-nine and two ? Seventy-nine and two ? Eighty-nine and (Wo ? Ninety-nine and two?
2. How many are nine and three? Nineteen and three? Twenty-nine and three? Thirty-nine and three ? Forty-nine and three ? Fifty-nine and three ? Sixty-nine and three ? Seventy-nine and three? Eighty-nine and three ? Ninety-nine and three ?
3. How many are dine and four Nineteen and
four ? Twenty-nine and four Thirty-nine and four? Forty-nine and four ? Fifty-nine and four ? Sixtynine and four ? Seventy-nine and four ? Eighty-nine and four ? Ninety-nine and four?
4. How many are nine and five ? Nineteen and five ? Twenty-nine and five ? Thirty-nine and five? Forty-nine and five? Fifty-nine and five ? Sixty-nine and five ? Seventy-nine and five? Eighty-nine and five ? Ninety-nine and five ?
5. How many are nine and six ? Nineteen and six? Twenty-nine and six ? Thirty-nine and six ? Forty-nine and six ? Fifty-nine and six ? Sixty-nine and six ? Seventy-nine and six? Eighty-nine and six ? Ninety-nine and six?
6. How many are nine and seven? Nineteen and seven? Twenty-nine and seven? Thirty-nine and seven ? Forty-nine and seven? Fifty-nine and seven? Sixty-nine and seven? Seventy-nine and seven? Eighty-nine and seven? Ninety-nine and seven?
7. How many are nine and eight ? Nineteen and eight? Twenty-nine and eight? Thirty-nine and eight ? Forty-nine and eight? Fifty-nine and eight ? Sixty-nine and eight? Seventy-nine and eight? Eighty-nine and eight ? Ninety-nine and eight?
8. How many are nine and nine ? Nineteen and nine ? Twenty-nine and nine ? Thirty-nine and nine ? Forty-nine and nine ? Fifty-nine and nine ? Sixty-nine. and nine ? Seventy-nine and nine ? Eighty-nine and nine ? Ninety-nine and nine ?
9. How many are nine and ten? Nineteen and ten? Twenty-nine and ten? Thirty-nine and ten? Forty-nine and ten? Fifty-nine and ten ? Sixty-nine and ten? Seventy-nine and ten: Eighty-nine and ten? Ninety-nine and ten?
10. How many are eight and three ? Eighteen and threo ? Twenty-eight and three ? Thirty-eight' and three ? Forty-eight and three ? Fifty-eight and