« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
75. Ninety-five are how many times 9? 10 ? 6? ? ?
76. Eighty-nine are how many times 10? 9? 6? 7 ? 8?
77. Ninety-eight are how many times 10? 9? 8? 6 ? ?
78. Ninety-four are how many times 97.10.? 6? 8? ? ?
79. One hundred are how many times 6? 10 ? 8? 9? 7?
80. Ninety-three are how many times 10? 6? 9? 8? 7?
81. Ninety-nine are how many times 7? 10 ? 8? 6? 9?
82. Ninety-six are how many times 9 ? 82 7? 6? 10 ?
83. Ninety-seven are how many times 10? 9? 6? 7 ? 8?
D. 1. If an orange is worth 3 apples, how many oranges are fifteen apples worth?
2. In 8 pints how many quarts ?
4. If you divide twelve apples equally among three boys, how many would you give them apiece ?
5. How many hours would it take you to travol 10 miles, if you travel three miles in an hour ?
6. How many pence are there in eight farthings ? 7. How many pence are there in twelve far. things?
8. How many pence are there in seventeen far. things?
9. How many gallons are there in ten quarts ?
10. How much broadcloth, at 6 dollars a yard, can you buy for seventeen dollars ?
11. How many pounds of raisins, at 8 cents a pound, can you buy for twenty-five cents ?
12. In twenty-eight shillings, how many dollars ? * 13. In twenty-eight farthings, how many pence? 14. How
barrels of four, at 7 dollars a bar. rel, can you buy for thirty-four dollars ?
15. How many reams of paper, at five dollars a ream, can you buy for thirty-seven dollars ?
16. In thirty-four gills, how many pints ? 17. In twenty-seven quarts, how many gallons ?
18. If an orange is worth six apples, how many oranges can you buy for forty apples ?
19. Thirty-six shillings are how many dollars ?
20. A man bought thirty apples at the rate of 3 for a cent, how many cents did they come to ?
21. A laborer engaged to work 8 months for ninety-six dollars; how much did he receive for a month? how much a week, allowing 4 weeks to the month? how many shillings a day, allowing 6 working days to the week ?
22. If wine is worth twenty cents à pint, what is I gill worth?
23. If you can buy a bushelt of apples for forty cents, what is the price of a peck ?
24. If you buy a bushel of pears for forty-eight cents, what will be the price of half a peck, at the same rate ?
25. Four men bought a horse for forty-eight dol lars; what did each man pay ?
26. Five men bought a horse for seventy-fivo dollars, and sold him again for forty dollars ; what did each man lose by the bargain ?
27. A man gave sixty-three cents for a horse to ride nine miles ; what was the price of one mile's ride ?
28. A man hired a horse to ride, and agreed to give 8 cents a mile; he paid fifty-six cents; how many miles did he ride ? * In 14 of the United States 6 shillings is equal to 1 dollar. + 1 bushel is 4 pooks.
29. A man had forty-two dollars, which he paid for wood at 7 dollars a cord; how many cords did he buy?
30. Two boys are forty-eight rods apart, and both running the same way; but the hindermost boy gains upon the other 3 rods in a minute; in how many minutes will he overtake the foremost boy ?
3. There is a vessel containing sixty-three gallons of wine ; it has a pipe which discharges 7 gallons in an hour ; how many hours will it take to empty the vessel ?
32. There is a vessel containing eighty-seven gallons, and by a pipe ten gallons will run into it in an hour; in how many hours will the vessel be filled ?
33. If one man can do a piece of work in thirty days, in how many days can 3 men do it? in how many days can 5 men do it?
34. If you wish to put sixty-four pounds of butter into 8 boxes, how many pounds would you put into each box ?
35. If you had seventy-two pounds of butter, which you wished to put into boxes containing 8 pounds each, how many boxes would it take ?
36. If a man can perform a journey in thirty-six hours, how many days will it take him to do it when the days are nine hours long?
37. If a man can do a piece of work in forty-eight hours, how many days would it take him to do it, if he works twelve hours in a day?
A. 1. Ar two cents a yard, what will 3 yards and one half of a yard of tape cost?
2. 3 times 2, and one half of 2 are how many ?
3. At three dollars a yard, what will 4 yards and one third of a yard of cloth cost ? 4. 4 times 3, and one third of 3 are how many
y? 5. At 3 dollars a barrel, what will 3 barrels and 2 thirds of a barrel of cider cost?
6. 3 times 3, and two thirds of 3 are how many?
7. If a man earn 4 dollars in a week, how many dollars will he earn in 3 weeks and I fourth of a week ?
8. 3 times 4, and 1 fourth of 4 are how many ?
9. If a yard of cloth cost 4 dollars, what will 5 yards and 3 fourths of a yard cost?
10. 5 times 4, and 3 fourths of 4 are how many ?
11. If a man spend five dollars in a week, how many dollars will he spend in 3 weeks and í fifth of a week? How much in 5 weeks and 2 fifths of a week ?
12. 3 times 5, and 1 fifth of 5 are how many ?
15. If beer is worth six dollars a barrel, what would 4 barrels and 1 sixth of a barrel cost ? How much would 7 barrels and 5 sixths of a barrel cost ?
16. 4 times 6, and 1 sixth of six are how many ? 17. 7 times 6, and 5 sixths of six are how many?
18. At 7 dollars a barrel, what will 3 barrels and 1 seventh of a barrel of flour cost ? What will 5 barrels and 2 sevenths of a barrel cost? 19. 3 times 7, and 1 seventh of 7 are how many ?
5 times 7, and 2 sevenths of 7 are how many i
21. 8 times 5, and 4 fifths of 5 are how many ? 22. 8 times 6, and 3 sixths of 6 are how many ?
23. At 8 dollars a yard, what will 4 yards and 1 eighth of a yard of broadcloth cost ? 24. 4 times 8, and 1 eighth of 8 are how many? 25. 2 times 7, and 3 sevenths of 7 are how many? 26. times 7, and 4 sevenths of 7 are how many
2 27, 9 times 7, and 6 sevenths of 7 are how many? 28. 3 times 8, and 5 eighths of 8 are how many ?
29. 9 times 8, and eighths of 8 are how many ?
30. If a hundred weight of sugar cost 9 dollars, what will 2 hundred weight and 1 ninth of a hundred weight cost ? What will 5 hundred weight and Sninths of a hundred weight cost ? 31. 2 times 9, and 1 ninth of 9 are how many ? 32. 5 times 9, and 2 ninths of 9 are how many? 33. 6 times 9, and 4 ninths of 9 are how many ? 34. 2 times 10, and 3 tenths of 10 are how many? 35. 7 times 9, and 7 ninths of 9 are how many? 36. 5 times 10, and 4 tenths of 10 are how many
? 37. 8 times 9, and 5 ninths of 9 are how many? 38. 4 times 10, and 7 tenths of 10 are how many? 39. 6 times 10, and 9 tenths of 10 are how many ?
B. 1. A man bought 2 oranges at 6 cents apiece ; how many cents did they come to ? He paid for them with cherries at 4 cents a pint; how many pints did it take ?
2. 2 times 6 are how many times 4 ?
3. A man bought 3 yards of cloth at 4 dollars a yard; how many dollars did it come to ? How much flour at 6 dollars a barrel would it take to pay for it?
4. 3 times 4 are how many times 6 ?
5. A man bought 4 peaches at 3 cents apiece : how many cents did they come to ? He paid for them