« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
23. How much will 3+1 bu. of wheat cost at 72% a bushel ?
24. If I own of a factory and sell į of my share, what part of the factory do I still own?
25. If a man sells of li of his sheep, how many 11ths of his sheep remain ?
26. Change to decimals, then to common fractions in lowest terms: 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%c, 35%, 10%, 15%.
27. How many feet are there in 15 rods?
28. If 10 men can do a piece of work in of a week, how many days will it take 1 man to do it? 6 men ? 8 men ? 5 men ?
29. If a load of coal weighs 1} tons, what is the weight of 26 loads?
30. How many square feet are there in 453 sq. yd. ? 272 sq. yd. ? 464 sq. yd. ?
28 3 5
= 251 Ans.
4. Multiply 41 by 67; 164 by 4}; 64 by 81; 93 by 84 ; 125 by 9}; j of 18} by 49. Find the cost of: 5. 25 cords of wood at $7} a cord. 6. 44 tons of hay at $18.50 a ton. 7. 25 pairs of shoes at $6.371 a pair. 8. 304 yards of ribbon at $.12% a yard. 9. 63 pounds of beef at $.124 a pound. 10. How many feet are there in 54 rods ?
11. I bought 36 pounds of coffee at 30$ a pound, and sold it at a gain of 20%. How much did I receive for it?
12. At $102 a ton, how much will of a ton of straw cost ?
13. How many yards are there in 24} rods?
14. If oranges are sold at the rate of 3 for 106, how much will be paid for 124 dozen ?
15. A merchant sold 3 pieces of silk containing 177 yd., 13; yd., 187 yd. respectively at $1.92 a yard. How much did he receive for the silk?
16. $1 + $11 + $ = how many cents ? 17. What is 75% of $422?.75 of $422 ?
1. By what number must you multiply both terms of the fraction to change it to 38? Is 18 greater than ?
2. How many rods are there in z of 32 of a mile? In s of of a mile ?
GRAD, ARITH. V.
3. Change to 36ths. By what number must you multiply both terms of į to change it to 36ths ? How do you find the number by which you must multiply?
4. How many 36ths are there in 1? In 1? In ?
5. In changing 11 to 8ths, are the fractional parts larger or smaller ? Are there more or less parts?
6. What does the denominator of a fraction show ?
7. Name three common divisors of 24 and 36, and tell which is greatest.
8. How many seconds are there in of 22 minutes ?
9. A man has a garden 12 rd. long and 10 rd. wide. How many square rods are in z of it ? How many square yards are in 12 of it ?
10. What are of 2% ? ☆ of 3}? of 61? of 43 ?
11. A lady bought at one time 23 yards of tape and at another 38 yards. How much did it all cost her at 12¢ a yard ?
12. Minnie bought of a yard of lace and used of it. What part of a yard had she left ?
13. A man who owned of 263 acres of land sold of what he owned. How many acres did he sell? 14. Julia is 154 years old, and her grandfather is 4 times
How old is her grandfather?
1. What part of a yard is 1 foot ? What per cent of a quantity is į of it? What per cent of a yard is 1 foot ?
2. What part of a yard is 2 feet? What per cent of a quantity is of it? What per cent of a yard is 2 feet ?
3. 6 is what part of 24? 6 is what per cent of 24 ?
25¢ is what per cent of a dollar ?
6. What part of $100 is $25 ? $25 is what per cent of # 100 ?
7. 75¢ is what part of $1? 75¢ is what per cent of $1 ?
8. 4 is what per cent of 8? 12 ? 16 ? 20? 24 ? 32?
9. If a man bought an article for $12 and sold it for $15, how many dollars did he gain? The gain is what part of the cost ? The gain is what per cent of the cost ?
10. What per cent of a bushel is 8 qt.? 16 qt. ?
11. A man sold goods that cost $20 for $25. How much did he gain? The gain is what part of the cost ? The gain is what per cent of the cost ?
12. If $4 is 1 of what John paid for a hat, $4 is what per cent of its cost ?
13. If $ 9 is 50 % of the cost of a coat, find the cost.
14. How many sheets of paper are there in a quire ? 12 sheets are what part of a quire ? 12 sheets are what per cent of a quire ?
1. If 2 pocket knives cost $, what is the price of one ? What is of ? xH
? = ? How do you divide a fraction by an integer (whole number) when the numerator of the fraction is a multiple of the divisor ?