« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
The report is designed to embrace the following outline indicated in section 13 of the school law:
1. The general condition of the public schools of the State;
2. Amount of school money apportioned among the several counties, and the sources whence such moneys are raised;
Amounts raised by county and district taxes, and the amounts paid for teachers' salaries, buildings, furniture, etc.;
4. The series of text-books authorized by the State board;
5. Rules and regulations prescribed by the State board of education for the government of the public schools; 6. Number and grade of schools in each county;
7. Number of persons between the ages of four and twenty years; number attending public schools; number attending private schools; number not attending any school;
8. Statistics concerning chartered cducational institutions and institutions under the patronage of the State;
9. General educational information.
For the Years 1887 and 1888.
The following summaries present the principal items deducted from the statistical tables furnizues in this report : 1. Whole No of organized districts in the state in the year 1887
1,191 No. of organized districts, 1888
27 * No. of districts reporting, 1887
1.164 No. of districis reporting, 1888
1,197 Increase * No. of persons over four and under twenty years of age, 1887
$7.217 No. of persons over four and under twenty years of age, 1618
Nitrage salary paid female teachers, 1888
34 70 36 97
Increase ---20. So. teachers employed holding first grade certificates during 1857 -------
No. teachers employed holding first grade certificates during 1888 --
Decrease ----21. Vo. teachers emploved holding second grade certificates, 1887
So. teachers employed holding second grade certificates, 1888 -
Increase 27. So, teachers employed in private schools during the year 1887 Vo, teachers employed in private schools during the year 1888 --
Decrease 28. Average sala.'y paid county superintendents during the year 1887.--
Average salary paid county superintendents during the year 1888.
Daunt of funds in hands of district clerks at beginning of year 1887.-. Amount of funds in hands of district clerks at beginning of year 1888
Amount paid out for repairs on school houses and premises, 1887...
11,421 14 18,371 46 15,014 36