« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
There are two ways of writing hundredths and tenths.
Ito and .01 are both read one-hundredth.
and .5 are both read five-tenths.
300. How many tenths of a dollar are 10 cents (1 dime)? How many
hundredths of a dollar are 10 cents? Then how many hundredths make 1 tenth?
10 hundredths make 1 tenth.
What is written between tens and tenths?
The places to the right of ones are called decimal places. Compare the
names of the decimal places with 1 1 1 1 1
those of the corresponding places on
the left of the decimal point. How many of each place make 1 of the next place to the left?
Does the figure next to the decimal point express tenths or hundredths? Which figure expresses hundredths?
When there are five hundredths and no tenths, what is written in tenths' place?
When there are tenths and no hundredths, is it necessary to put a zero in hundredths' place? Why not?
Is 1 tenth (.1) of a dollar equal to 10 hundredths of a dollar? Is 1 dime equal to 10 cents ?
$.05 $.75 $.80
301. How many dimes and cents in: $.05 $.04
$.25 $.20 $.30 $.08 $.05
$.25 $.34 $.58 $.30
45 .12 .57
302. Copy and complete:
4 hundredths of a dollar = 4¢ = $.04.
303. Write with the decimal point: 4 hundredths
4 tenths and 2 hundredths 7 hundredths
3 tenths and 6 hundredths 5 tenths
7 tenths and 5 hundredths 8 tenths
1 tenth and 0 hundredths 36 hundredths
10 hundredths 65 hundredths
304. Two dimes and 5 cents are how many cents? Two tenths and 5 hundredths are how many hundredths?
Two dimes are how many cents? Two tenths are how many hundredths?
How many hundredths of a dollar make a dime? .105.1.
A quarter is equal to how many hundredths of a dollar?
A silver dollar is worth how many hundredths of a dollar? How many tenths of a dollar? 10 tenths hundredths.
How many tenths of a dollar make a half dollar! How many hundredths? .5
Write with the decimal point:
A dollar, 3 dimes, and 2 nickels are how many tenths of a dollar?
Two dimes, a nickel, and 3 pennies are how many hundredths of a dollar?
How many ones in 30 tens? In 30 tenths?
How many ones and tenths are there in 25 tenthis? Write it decimally.
How many ones, tenths, and hundredths in each of these: 1.11, 1.05, .05, .44, 55.55?
Draw a square and divide it into 10 equal parts. Point out .2 of the square. .5 of it. 7 of it.
Where do we place the decimal point in the result ?
306. 1. At 5¢ each how many oranges can I buy for .5 of a dollar?
2. A farmer who had 100 sheep sold .1 of them to a butcher and .5 of them to a drover. How many did he sell?
3. Mr. Hall gave .3 of $50 to his daughter and .7 of $50 to his son. How much did each receive?
4. Clark spent $4, which was .1 of his money. How much money had he?
5. If $15 is .3 of my cash, what is .1 of it?
8. Bertha gave .2 of her money for a 10-cent doll. How much had she left?
с 307. What part of A is dark? What part is light? Into how many equal parts is A divided ?
Is B one of the equal parts? What part of the rectangle is B?
How do we find 4 of anything?
How does the line CD divide the rectangle E? What part of E is to the right of CD?
What part of this half is H? What part is G?
What part of the whole rectangle is H? Then may we find 4 of a thing by dividing half of it into 2 equal parts?
One-fourth is what part of a half? How many fourths are equal to a half?
What is 2 times 1? 3 times 1? 4 times 7?
308. This rectangle is divided into Point out ß of it, of it. f of it.