« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
2. Give a general idea of the manner in which the
first movement of Beethoven's 8th Sonata Op. 13 should be rendered, quoting all the leading themes, and adding to them phrase expression and tempo marks ; and commenting on their general character.
3. Mention the various sorts of accents which go to
4. In what mainly do the styles of Mozart and
Beethoven differ from one another ?
FUNDAMENTAL LAWS OF EXPRESSION AND INTERPRETATION OF SPECIFIED WORKS.
FOR PASS AND HONOUR CANDIDATES.
1. Phrase, and add expression marks to all the chief
themes in the 2nd movement of Beethoven's C Minor Symphony.
2. (a) Give all the salient points necessary to a cor,
rect rendering of the 1st movement of the 3rd Symphony of Beethoven (Eroica), quoting the melody, and adding all necessary indications of
the tempo and spirit animating it. (0) Describe in the same way Beethoven's P.F.
Sonata in Eb Op. 31. No. 3.
Additional for Honours. 4. Give a brief description, with illustrative examples,
of the respective styles in which Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven must be rendered. Note especially the characteristic distinctions between them, and discuss the question of varying tempo in relation to them individually.
EXAMINATION FOR THE DIPLOMA OF MUSICAL
1. Resolve the following Chords back to their re
spective tonics :