« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
45. 20 Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life.
manded, for a testimony unto them.
45 But he went out, and began to publish it much, and to blaze abroad the matter, insomuch that Jesus could no more openly enter into the city, but was without in desert places and they came to him from every quarter. 46. 21 he arose, 1
took the young child and AND again he entered
his mother, and came into ter some days; and it was the land of Israel.
47. 22 But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judæa in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither: notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee :
48. 23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.
50. 2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of
noised that he was in the house.
2 And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them.
3 And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four.
4 And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay.
5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick
45 And blessed is she 45 Philip findeth Nathathat believed for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
nael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the Law, and the Prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.
46 And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see.
47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!
48 For he hath regarded
48 Nathanael saith unto
the low estate of his hand- him, Whence knowest thou maiden: for, behold, from me? Jesus answered and henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his
said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.
49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.
50 And his mercy is on
50 Jesus answered and
them that fear him from ge- said unto him, Because I
heaven is at hand.
51. 3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
52. 4 ¶ And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.
53. 5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judæa, and all the region round about Jordan,
54. 6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
55. 7¶ But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
56. 8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
57. 9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our fa
of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.
6 But there were certain of the Scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,
7 Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?
8 And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?
9 Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
11 I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.
12 And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all;
52 He hath put down the
said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these.
51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of
mighty from their seats, and AND the third day there
exalted them of low degree.
53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.
54 He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;
55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.
was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there :
2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
56 And Mary abode with her about three months, and returned to her own house. 57 Now Elisabeth's full time came that she should be delivered; and she
5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
6 And there were there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the pu
ther: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham. 58. 10 And now also the ax is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion.
13 And he went forth again by the sea side; and all the multitude resorted unto him, and he taught them.
14 ¶ And as he passed
59. 11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repent-by, he saw Levi the son of ance: but he that cometh Alphæus sitting at the reafter me is mightier than ceipt of custom, and said I, whose shoes I am not unto him, Follow me. And worthy to bear: he shall he arose and followed him. baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: 60. 12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
61. 13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
62, 14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
63. 15 And Jesus answer
15 And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many Publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him.
16 And when the Scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with Publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with Publicans and sinners?
17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. 18 And the disciples of