« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
54. At 95,5 dollars a ton, how much iron may be bought for 2,956 dollars ?
55. How many times is a contained in 17 ?
64. At 3 dollars a barrel, what part of a barrel of cider may be bought for 1 of a dollar ?
65. At 7 dollars a barrel, what part of a barrel of flour may be bought for ļ of a dollar ? What part for ļof a dollar ?
66. At 114 dollars per cwt., what part of 1 cwt. of sugar may be bought for ţ of a dollar ? What part of 1 cwt. may be bought for of a dollar ? What part for 3 dollars ?
67. At 93 dollars per ton, what part of a ton of iron may be bought for 25, dollars ?
68. When corn is of a dollar a bushel, what part of a bushel may be bought for of a dollar ?
69. Two men bought a barrel of flour, one gave 2 dollars and the other 34 dollars, what did they give for the whole barrel ? What part of the whole value did each pay? What part of the flour should each have ?
70. Two men hired a pasture for 21 dollars. One kept his horse in it 52 weeks, and the other 7 weeks; what ought each to pay ?
71. What part of 7 is 24 ?
XXIV. 1.* If of a gallon of brandy cost $0.75, what is that a gallon ?
* See First Lessons, Sect. VI. and XI
2. If į of a ton of hay cost $13.375, what is that a ton ?
3. If į of a yard of cloth cost $2.875 what is that a yard ?
4. Il of a hhd. of brandy cost $27.00, what will 1 hhd. cost at that rate ?
5. A merchant bought of a pipe of brandy for $38.56 ; what would the whole pipe come to at that rate ?
6. A smith bought of a ton of iron for $12.43; what would a ton cost at that rate ?
7. A merchant owned its of a ship's cargo, and his share was valued at $8,467.00; what was the whole ship valued at ?
8. A gentleman owned stock in a bank to the amount of $8,642.00, which was t of the whole stock in the bank ; what was the whole stock ? * 9. A gentleman lost at sea $4,843.67, which was of his whole estate ; how much was his whole property worth?
10. A gentleman bought stock in a bank to the amount of $873.14, which was in of the value of his whole property. What was the value of his whole property
? 11. A man bought į of a bushel of corn for of a dollar ; what would be the price of a bushel at that rate ?
12. A man bought į of a bushel of rye for 1 of a dollar ; what would a bushel cost at that rate ?
13. A man sold } of a yard of cloth for of a dollar; what would a yard cost at that rate ?
14. A grocer sold of a gallon of wine for fo of a dollar ; what was it a gallon ?
15. A grocer sold i, of a barrel of flour form of a dollar; what was it a barrel ?
16., A merchant sold of a ton of iron for 195 dollars ; how much was it a ton ?
17. A merchant sold to of a hhd. of brandy for $11,17; how much was it per hhd. ?
18. A ship of war having taken a prize, the captain received of the prize money. His share amounted to $3,487 What was the whole prize worth?
19. If of a gallon of molasses cost 20 cents, what will cost. What will a gallon cost ? This question is the same as the following: If 2 quarts of molasses cost 20 cents, what is it a quart? How much a gallon ?
20. If of a gallon, that is 3 quarts, of molasses cost 24 cents, what will , that is 1 quart, cost ?
21. If of a yard of cloth cost 6 dollars, what cost? What will a yard cost ?
22. If of a gallon, that is 3 pints, of wine cost 90 cents, what will }, that is 1 pint, cost ? What will a gallon cost ?
23. If of a gallon of brandy cost 95 cents, what will cost ?
What will a gallon cost ? 24. If of a yard of broadcloth cost $6.00, what will } cost? What will a yard cost ?
25. If of a box of lemons cost $2.40, what will cost ! What will the whole box cost?
26. If of a hhd. of molasses cost $16.00, what will the whole hogshead cost ?
27. A man travelled 12 miles in its of a day; how far did he travel in 'o of a day! How far would he travel in a day at that rate?
28. A man bought of a barrel of flour for $4.85, what would be the price of a barrel at that rate ?*
29. A man being asked his age answered, that he was 24 years old when he was married, and that he had lived with his wife of his whole life. What part of his whole age is 24 years ? What was his age ?
30. A smith bought is of a ton of Russia iron for $25.35, what would be the price of a ton at that rate ?
31. Bought of a yard of cloth for $5.00, what would be the price of a yard at that rate ?
32. If z of a gallon of molasses, that is, 3 pints, cost 17 cents, what will \,(1 pint, cost? What will a gallon cost! ?
33. If io of a pound of snuff, (5 ounces,) cost 14 cents, what cost
It lb., (1 ounce.) ? 34. If of a chaldron of coal cost $5, what cost i's? What is that a chaldron ?
35. A man travelled 4 miles in of an hour ; how far would he travel in an hour at that rate ?
36. If it of a ship's cargo is worth $14,000, what is the whole cargo worth?
37. A owns of a coal mine, and his share is worth $3,500. What is the whole mine worth?
of the stock in a bánk is worth $63,275, what is the whole stock worth ?
39. If i; yard of cloth is worth $11, what is a yard worth?
40. If 2 bushels of corn is worth 13 shillings, what is Wahel worth?
38. If 135
41. If 8, 9 bushels of wheat cost $15, what is it a bushel ! What would 50 bushels cost at that rate ?
42. A man sold 51, cwt. of sugar for $587; what would be the price of 175 cwt. at that rate?
43. If } of 1 lb. of butter cost of a dollar, what will } of 1 lb. cost ? What will 1 lb. cost ?
44. If of 1 lb. of raisins cost it of a dollar, what will of 1 lb. cost ? What will 1 lb. cost ?
45. If of a bushel of corn cost of a dollar, what is that a bushel ?
46. If of a barrel of flour will serve a family li of a month, how long will one barrel serve them ? How long will 5 barrels serve them ?
47. If of a yard of cloth cost 4 dollars, what is that a yard? What will 175 yards cost at that rate ?
48. If is of a hhd. of wine cost 30 dollars, what will be the price of a hhd. at that rate ?
49. If 34 cwt. of iron cost $14, what is that per cwt. ? 50. If 75 lb. of butter cost $1.41, what would be the price of 273 lb. at that rate ?
51. A merchant bought a piece of cloth containing 245 yards, and in exchange gave 327 barrels of flour ; how much flour did one yard of the cloth come to ? How much cloth did 1 barrel of the flour come to ? 52. If of a yard of cloth cost of pound, what will
of an ell English cost ! 53. If of a barrel of flour cost 13£., what will 435 barrels cost ?
54. A person having of a vessel, sells of his share for $8,400.00, what part of the whole vessel did he sell? What was the whole vessel worth ?
55. If of a ship be worth 4 of her cargo, the cargo being valued at 2,000£., what is the whole ship and cargo worth?
56. If by travelling 12 hours in a day, a man perform a journey in 7 days, in how many days will he perform it, if he travel but 92 hours in a day?
57. If 5 men mow 72% acres in 11; days, in how many days will 8 men do the same ?
58. If 5 men mow 72 acres in 11š days, how many acres will they mow in 84 days ?
59. There is a pole, standing so that of it is in the water, as much in the mud as in the water, and 7 feet, of it is above the water. What is the whole length of the pole
60. A person having spent į and į of his money had $26 left. How much had he at first ?
61. Two men, A and B, having found a bag of money, disputed who should have it. A said ġ, , and of the money made 130 dollars, and if B could tell him how much was in it he should have it all, otherwise, he should have nothing How much was in the bag ?
62. 45 is of what number?
is of what number?
2 78. 11 15 is of what number ?
13 79. 44 is of what number ? 80. 34 is of what number? 81. is * of what number?
is 387 of what mb ? 83. 47 is 213335 of what number? 84. 3, is 7 of what number? 85. 14* is 113 of what number? 86. 289 is one of what number? 37. 13512 is
of what number ? 88. 384, is 243 of what number? "99. 134 is in z of what number? 90. Divide 134) by 123. 91. 1874 is not of what number? 92. Divide 1894 by. $. 93. 427 is of what number? 94. Divide 42 by 24, that is 4. 95. 3841 is of what number? 96. Divide 3841 by 3 or 97. 42 is of what number?