« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
32. Oral Problems.
1. George has 5 cents, Henry 5 cents, and Frank 1 cent; how much money do all have ?
2. A girl spent 5 cents for a pen, 5 cents for a copybook, and 2 cents for a pencil. How much money did she spend?
3. How much money must you have, if you are to buy a 5-cent top and a 5-cent ball, and keep 3 cents in your pocket ?
4. Mary has 3 books, Lucy 3 books, and Ida 5 books; how many books do the three girls have?
5. A boy had 5 rabbits after he had sold 6; how many rabbits did he have at first ?
35. Written Problems.
1. Fanny is 6 years old, her sister is 2 years older than Fanny, and her brother is 5 years older than her sister; how old is Fanny's brother?
2. Mary was born 7 years ago, and John was born 8 years before Mary was born; how old is John ?
3. There are 8 doves on one side of the road, 5 doves on the other side, and 2 doves in the road; how many doves in all ?
4. Fred had 12 lead-pencils and 3 slate-pencils; how many pencils did he have ?
5. A boy came to school Monday 10 minutes late, Tuesday 5 minutes late, and Wednesday 1 minute late; how many minutes did he lose in the three days ?
6. How many minutes are there from 10 minutes to nine till 6 minutes after nine ?
7. In one class there are 8 boys and 8 girls; how many pupils are in the class ?
37. Oral Problems.
1. Mary's mother bought milk; 3 pints, 2 pints, 4 pints, and 5 pints -- how many pints for four days ?
2. In three nests there are 6 eggs, 5 eggs, 2 eggs — how many eggs in three nests?
3. In a grove are 3 oaks, 2 cedars, 4 pines, and 2 magnolias — how many trees in the grove?
4. If you spend 5 cents, 4 cents, 3 cents, and 2 cents, how much money do you spend ?
5. Count by twos to 12.
43. Oral Problems.
1. A boy had 3 pencils, and lost one ; how many did he then have?
3-1=2 2. George had 4 apples; he kept 2 and gave the others to Frank; how many apples did he give to Frank ?
3. There were 5 birds on a tree; 3 birds flew away; how many were left ?
4. A man earned 6 dollars in two days; the first day he earned 3 dollars; how many dollars did he earn the second day?
5. A man worked all the week except 2 days; how many days did he work ?
45. The sign of Subtraction is
It is called minus, and means less.