« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
46. Written Problems.
1. A girl had 6 rabbits and sold - 2 of them; how many rabbits did she then have ?
2. Lucy had 7 roses and gave Mary 4 of them; how many roses did Lucy then have? How many are 7 - 3 ?
3. Frank had 8 peaches and gave Horace 5 of them; how many peaches did Frank then have? How many are 8-3?
4. One side lacks 3 boys of having 9 at ball; how many boys are on that side? How many are 9-6?
5. In two nests there are 10 eggs; in one there are 4; how many eggs are in the other nest? How many are 10-6?
47. In Subtraction we subtract the Subtrahend from the Minuend, and find the Remainder (or Difference).
49. Oral Problems.
1. How many days are in two weeks and 2 days ? 7+7+2=?
2. Lewis had 16 marbles and gave away 5 of them; how many did he then have ?
3. Mary had 13 roses and picked 3 more; how many had she then?
4. Two hens have 17 chicks; one has 11; how many has the other?
5. There are 11 eggs in one nest and 7 in another; how many eggs are in the two nests ?
6. There are 9 boys playing ball, and 8 boys spinning tops; how many boys in all ?
7. In two nests there are 18 eggs; in one there are 7; how many in the other ?
50. Oral Drill.
HA or coco HA O NOS HAN
a. 6. a. a. a. 6. a. 6. a. a.
51. Written Problems.
1. Of a piece of calico that was 18 yards long, it took all but 4 yards to make Helen two dresses; how many yards did it take for the dresses ?
2. John had 6 peaches, and James had 9 more than John; how many peaches did James have ?
3. Robert ate all of 9 oranges except 3; how many did he eat? Afterward he bought 5 oranges; how many did he have then ?
4. A man earned 2 dollars Monday, 3 dollars Tuesday, and 3 dollars Wednesday; Thursday he spent all but 4 dollars; what did he spend ?
5. A farmer has 17 horses ; 11 are bay, and the others white; how many white horses does he own ?
6. On one shelf there are 11 books, and on another there are 7 ; how many books are on the two shelves ?
7. There are 6 plates on the table and 11 on the sideboard; how many plates in all ?
8. There are 6 mules pulling one wagon, 4 mules pulling another wagon, and 6 mules pulling a third wagon ; how many mules in all ?
9. There were 18 wild ducks in the river; 4 of them flew away at one time and 4 at another time; how many were left in the river ?
10. There were 11 crows in the corn-field, and 8 crows joined them afterward ; how many were there then ?
56. Oral Problems.
1. Mary read 10 pages in one hour, and 9 pages the next hour; how many pages did she read in the two hours ?
2. Charles made 12 baskets one week, and 8 baskets the next week; how many baskets did he make in the two weeks ?
3. Ida said to Lucy, “ If you will give me your 8 roses, I shall then have 19.” How many roses did Ida have ?
4. Will drew from the well 7 buckets of water for the horses, and 13 for the cows; how many did he draw in all ?
57. In 20, the 2 stands for 2 tens; the 0 stands
for no unit.
- 5. Fred saw two flocks of wild geese flying south ; in one flock he counted 10, and in the other he counted 11; how many did he count in the two flocks?