« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
116. Oral Questions.
1. If a boy can go 8 miles per hour on his bicycle, how many hours will it take him to go 72 miles ?
2. If a man travels 9 miles per hour for 7 hours, how many miles does he go ?
3. A man worked 54 hours, working 6 hours per day; how many days did he work ?
4. A man worked 54 hours in 9 days; how many hours did he work per day?
5. A man worked 54 hours, working 9 hours per day; how many days did he work?
6. A man worked 54 hours in 6 days; how many hours did he work per day?
7. If a boy rides 6 miles per hour, how long will it take him to ride 108 miles ?
118. Written Problems.
I. A bridge is 161 feet long; the river is 69 feet wide; how much greater is the length of the bridge than the width of the river ?
2. Richard has 3 pigs; the smallest weighs 19 pounds, the second in size 31 pounds, and the largest 42 pounds; how much do the 3 pigs weigh?
3. A carpenter bought a hammer for 75 cents, and 4 pounds of nails at 5 cents per pound; how much for all ?
4. A farmer paid some men $11 per day for 9 days' work; how much did he pay in all ?
5. A mail-rider carries the mail daily 7 miles and returns; how many miles does he travel in 9 days?
6. Above the falls the river is 139 feet wide; below the falls its width is 221 feet; how much wider is it below than above the falls ?
7. If 1 plowman can work a certain field of corn in 36 days, in how many days can 9 plowmen work it?
8. Lewis picked 135 pounds of cotton in 9 hours; how much was that per hour ?
9. A flag has 6 white stripes and 7 red stripes; how many red stripes do 9 flags have? How many white stripes do 7 flags have? How many stripes do 8 flags have ?
10. If a horse eats 9 ears of corn 3 times a day, how many ears does he eat in 3 days?
11. If a horse eats 8 ears of corn 3 times a day, how many ears does he eat in 7 days ?
120. Find remainders:
1. 200 – 50 4. 292-189 7. 311-292 2. 200- 59 5. 301 - 51 8. 307 – 218 3. 211 - 1596. 309-1999. 342-153
123. Oral Questions.
1. How much is paid for 2 quarts of milk at 5 cents a pint ?
2. How much is paid for 1 bushel of potatoes at 20 cents a peck ?
3. A bushel and a peck of corn would fill a peck measure how many times ?
4. A gallon and a quart of cider would fill a quart measure how many times? It would fill a pint measure how many times ?
125. Written Problems.
1. If vinegar sells at 20 cents a quart, how much is paid for a gallon ?
2. If peaches sell at 25 cents a peck, how much is paid for a bushel ?
3. If a pint of ice-cream is worth 12 cents, how much are 3 quarts worth ?
4. How many quarts make a bushel ?