« ΠροηγούμενηΣυνέχεια »
5. How much must be paid for 6 months' rent of a house which rents for $25 per month ?
6. How many miles would a train run in 24 hours, if it run 24 miles per hour ?
7. A horseman rode 26 miles per day the last 6 days in June, and 24 miles per day the first 3 days in July; how many miles did he ride in the 9 days?
8. A farmer hired two laborers; he gave one $1 per day, and the other $1.50 per day; how much did he pay both for 3 days ?
9. John cut down 2 trees ; from the first he got 47 loads of wood, and from the other 54 loads ; how many loads from both ?
10. If a man spends $.50 per day, how much does he spend in 2 weeks ?
II. A farmer has 2 horses and 3 cows; he values the horses at $80 each, and the cows at half as much each; at how much does he value all ?
12. A man whose salary is $100 a month pays $17.50 a month rent, $30 a month for groceries, and $40.50 for all other expenses; how much does he save in a month ?
13. A farmer sold 88 bushels of corn at $.55 per bushel; how much did he receive ?
14. What will it cost to compress 12 bales of cotton at $.50 per bale ?
15. Add 129, 437, 658, 297, 376, 498, 577.
188. Time Measure.
189. Oral Questions.
1. How many hours are in a day and night?
2. How many hours are there from 8 in the morning until noon?
3. How many minutes make half an hour ?
5. If you walk a mile in 20 minutes, how long does it take to walk three miles ?
6. · How many minutes are an hour and a quarter ?
190. Written Problems.
1. How many minutes are in one day?
4. If a man can run a mile in 10 minutes, how far can he run in 2 hours at the same rate ? 2x 60:10.
5. How many full weeks are in 365 days? How many days over ? .
191. Oral Problems.
1. If 2 boys share equally 24 apples, what will each boy have ?
2. If 2 boys share equally 25 apples, what will each boy have?
3. If a man works 12 hours each day, how many hours does he work in 6 days ?
4. If a man can pick 15 pounds of cotton per hour, how much can he pick in half an hour ?
5. A man bought 3 cows at $25 each, and sold them for $100; how much did he gain ?
6. John bought 3 oranges at the rate of 20 cents a dozen; how much did he pay?
7. How much must be paid for 15 bushels of corn at $.50 per bushel ? Is it 15 times $.50, or is it 50 times 15 bushels ?
8. How much must be paid for 50 bushels of cottonseed at $.15 per bushel? Is it 50 times $.15, or is it 15 times 50 bushels ?
193. Written Problems.
1. From one thousand three hundred dollars, subtract three hundred dollars seventy-five cents.
2. A butcher sold 31 pounds of beef at $.12 per pound, and 40 pounds of pork at $.10 per pound; how much did he get for all ?
3. Mr. Williams paid $12.35 for a railway ticket, and $2.50 for a berth in the sleeper; how much did he pay for both ?
4. A girl buys a hat for $3.25, and a fan for $.60; she gives the salesman a five-dollar note; how much should she get back ?
5. John drew 12 buckets of water 3 times each day for 21 days; how many buckets in all ?
6. A farmer sold 37 bushels of corn at $.55 per bushel, and a load of hay for $12; how much did he receive for the corn and hay?
7. A man hired a horse for 4 weeks at $.25 per day, and paid out $3 for corn and oats, and $1 for hay; find the total expense.
8. Fred paid a man $1.35 for the use of a bicycle 9 days; how much per day?
9. A house was rented 8 months for $300; for how much was it rented per month ? 10. Bought: 10 lb. sugar @ $.06 $ .XX
3 6 coffee @ 25 - .XX
26 tea @ .75 X.XX What was paid for all ?